News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hmong shamans gunned down in Sacramento

Started by jimmy olsen, June 10, 2012, 08:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

I'll leave it to you callous human beings to deliver the D&D jokes. :sleep:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/10/12153172-hmong-shamans-among-4-killed-in-south-sacramento?lite

QuoteHmong shamans among 4 killed in south Sacramento
By msnbc.com staff

Updated at 8:45 p.m. ET: Four people were fatally shot and one was wounded at a home in south Sacramento, police said Sunday. They have not determined a motive.

Among the victims were Xia and Lia Vang Yang, a couple in their 50s described as shamans in the Hmong community, the Sacramento Bee newspaper reported. Relatives told the Bee that the couple, who had moved to the neighborhood several months ago, raised chickens for the community for healing and spiritual reasons.

At 10:40 p.m. Saturday, police responded to a residence following a call about a shooting. There they found four dead; the fifth person was transported to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. The fifth person was identified as the suspect, police told The Associated Press. He was injured by someone in the home who confronted him.
Advertise | AdChoices

"The suspect entered a home and shot four people," police spokeswoman Michelle Gigante told the AP. She said the shooting did not appear to be random.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Guess they failed their Lighting Bolt rolls.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 10, 2012, 08:26:46 PM
Guess they failed their Lighting Bolt rolls.

Saving throw. Dont you know anything. :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

katmai

He buys the games, doesn't mean he opens them...
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on June 10, 2012, 09:45:51 PM

It's ok cause Ed does it too.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Good. I hate shamans. They keep casting this spell which throws all mobs back and, as a result, fucks up with my AoE tanking.

DGuller

CountDeMoney

...sigh.  I open all my games, punk.  How else can I roll around in the maps naked?

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on June 11, 2012, 05:01:33 AM
Good. I hate shamans. They keep casting this spell which throws all mobs back and, as a result, fucks up with my AoE tanking.
Except, you know, these are real people.  :rolleyes:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 11, 2012, 07:17:17 AM
Quote from: Martinus on June 11, 2012, 05:01:33 AM
Except, you know, these are real people.  :rolleyes:

Looks like 1st Edition to me.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

HisMajestyBOB

If they'd been wizards or sorcerers, they could have cast Protection from Arrows, which protects against all projectile weapons.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Legbiter

They sound like they were below level 5. Level 6 shamans would have shrugged the gunfire off.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2012, 07:12:29 AM

...sigh.  I open all my games, punk.  How else can I roll around in the maps naked?

You probably also dive into a pool of counters, ala Scrooge McDuck.  :P