Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 04, 2016, 07:54:20 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on May 04, 2016, 01:13:08 AM
Ugh, Norse fanboi-ism.

No idea how I posted the wrong link.

This is what I wanted to post.

Enter the Sandman on the Gayageum :punk:

https://youtu.be/AcGHznR64NM

Nice. :)

If you like that, go to her page. She has a ton of great covers, Voodoo Chile, Smoke on the Water, Back in Black, etc.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Is gayageum a gay apogeum?  :hmm:

jimmy olsen

It's a Korean zither. In this case, an electric zither.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

So this is from an recent opening ceremony for a tunnel in Switzerland, attended by Angela Merkel and other dignitaries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVriVjdU8qM&feature=youtu.be

Now, obviously I love it, but what the fuck? It's like Eyes Wide Shut meets Da Vinci Code. :lol:

celedhring

Quote from: Martinus on June 06, 2016, 02:38:49 AM
So this is from an recent opening ceremony for a tunnel in Switzerland, attended by Angela Merkel and other dignitaries.

Now, obviously I love it, but what the fuck? It's like Eyes Wide Shut meets Da Vinci Code. :lol:

My hawt dancer ex-fling/ff does this kind of shit all the time. Seems that performance art in public works ceremonies are all the rage nowadays. She did a pretty bizarre one a few months ago for the reopening of a restored XIXth century factory where they dressed like Dickensian factory workers and went all Eyes Wide Shut stripping down to their undies with video projections and shit.

Martinus

Quote from: celedhring on June 06, 2016, 04:20:27 AM
Quote from: Martinus on June 06, 2016, 02:38:49 AM

My hawt dancer ex-fling/ff does this kind of shit all the time. Seems that performance art in public works ceremonies are all the rage nowadays. She did a pretty bizarre one a few months ago for the reopening of a restored XIXth century factory where they dressed like Dickensian factory workers and went all Eyes Wide Shut stripping down to their undies with video projections and shit.

Yeah but what's up with the baby-faced angel of death and all the goats/goat skulls?

Savonarola

Here's one for you, Celedhring, knowing that you liked "Venom and Eternity":

Ratatat - Drugs

While not the polemic of "Venom and Eternity" this music video is composed entirely of stock footage to a wonderfully creepy effect.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

FunkMonk

This guy's videos about Rome are pretty good. This one is about Caesar's year as consul in 59 BC.

https://youtu.be/gsK4nX0tCGQ

Bibulus was a chump  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Savonarola on June 08, 2016, 01:54:25 PM
Here's one for you, Celedhring, knowing that you liked "Venom and Eternity":

Ratatat - Drugs

While not the polemic of "Venom and Eternity" this music video is composed entirely of stock footage to a wonderfully creepy effect.

I really liked loud pipes
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."