Main Menu

Youtube Recommendations

Started by mongers, June 10, 2012, 07:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

And no, don't ask me about scarymommy.

grumbler

Quote from: sbr on November 09, 2014, 07:25:00 PM
http://thechive.com/2014/11/09/kid-microwaves-a-glowstick-pretty-much-turns-out-as-expected-video/

*The video itself is fine but there may be some other NSFW stuff on the page*
Most obvious fake on the internet?  I am sure it is coincidental that the characters move into the camera FOV each time they have a line to say.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 09, 2014, 07:48:24 PM
"They said it would help the farmers.  They didn't say it would destroy everything else."

http://www.scarymommy.com/daylight-saving-movie-trailer/
:lol:

I actually had something like this happen to me.  I agreed to meet a friend at the Vienna Inn for lunch one Sunday at noon.  I showed up, waited in vain for 20 minutes, decided he wasn't going to show, ordered, and ate.  I was in the parking lot headed for my car when he showed up.  Turns out he was on time, because DST had ended that morning.  Who knew?

The staff of the Vienna Inn didn't know, because it doesn't even open until noon on Sundays!  :D
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on October 18, 2014, 01:34:26 AM
For the law talkers: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/28/opinion/verbatim-what-is-a-photocopier.html

This kind of thing happens quite a bit, usually because a lawyer has been over-aggressive in preparing a witness.

Here's an example from a depo I took recently (names, etc redacted):
Q: On [date] did you meet X?
[Opposing lawyer : Objection]
A:  You're not phrasing the question properly
Q: Okay.  How would you understand it?
A: Well, we met.  We didn't have a meeting.
Q: Okay.  Did you go see him?
A: No I didn't go see him.  That's - you're not phrasing the question properly.
A: We didn't go there to see X
Q: Did you see him?
A: Did I see him when?
Q: Did you in sometime in [date] meet - see
A: See
Q: have a conversation with
A: Is it meet or see?
[Opposing lawyer: Wait a minute.  Let him finish the question]
Q: Do we need to get a dictionary out?
[Some colloquy with opposing lawyer follows]
A: Sorry could you please rephrase your question
Q: Yes
Q: In [date] did you go to the offices of [place]
A: Yes
[Five pages of questions follows establishing his presence and the presence of X at location at the same time]
Q: During that time, did you have any contact with X?
A: Yes.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

I have never seen that in any store I've been to.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on November 11, 2014, 10:42:12 AM
Whole Chicken in a Can. WTF America? :x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVza_AnhQ3E&list=UUxt9Pvye-9x_AIcb1UtmF1Q

It's to be used as a broth or stock, not as a fucking meal. 

Christ, are the English pretentious fucking assholes.  And with their diet, they've got fucking room to talk.  Fuck your blood pudding.

Syt

To be fair, Ashens slams all kinds of (canned) food, including English stuff, like the things you can get at their equivalent of dollar stores.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

I'm glad he's affluent enough to be able to go and buy fresh food and produce every day in support of the local food movement.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 11, 2014, 11:06:02 AM
I'm glad he's affluent enough to be able to go and buy fresh food and produce every day in support of the local food movement.

Hear Hear. I survived on Spam, Potted Meat and Vienna sausages in the hard times.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

AS GOD IS MY WITNESS, I'LL NEVER BE HUNGRY ENOUGH TO EAT CANNED MEAT AGAIN

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etroQFqmV1k#t=18

For Ide, on the good 'ol days.  :)

It kinda amazes me that we used to be able to pay for/afford all that shit...the idea of doing so would be incomprehensible in today's dollars.

Also, all the Airmen wearing suit & tie service dress uniforms every day(unless they all just had to dress up for the film)....that had to be unbearably uncomfortable.

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on November 11, 2014, 11:02:24 AM
To be fair, Ashens slams all kinds of (canned) food, including English stuff, like the things you can get at their equivalent of dollar stores.
I'm taking it as a given that he pretends, each video, that he has never seen prepared foods before, and that each time he encounters one, it is "disgusting."

He's not wrong, per se; it's just that all foods are disgusting before they are prepared for consumption.  Carrots and taters, for instance, are both disgustingly dirty until you clean them.

Still, it is an amusing schtick, and I don't think it is intended as an actual serious food review.  I enjoyed it for what it was.

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 12, 2014, 05:04:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etroQFqmV1k#t=18

For Ide, on the good 'ol days.  :)

It kinda amazes me that we used to be able to pay for/afford all that shit...the idea of doing so would be incomprehensible in today's dollars.

Also, all the Airmen wearing suit & tie service dress uniforms every day(unless they all just had to dress up for the film)....that had to be unbearably uncomfortable.

Need to show that to my dad & see if it stirs up any old memories.  He wasn't in SAC but served in Greenland and at a Nike missile site in the early 60s.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall