News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Youtube Recommendations

Started by mongers, June 10, 2012, 07:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Yes, I saw that.
I have found stones and on occasion insects in my rice. And yes I buy it in large sacks.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Habbaku

Not really sure why you're grilling Tyr over this. It's entirely possible he buys a brand of bulk rice that doesn't prep the stuff a la North American brands.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maladict

Are we seriously debating whether or not Tyr found something in his rice?  :lol:

Habbaku

Quote from: Maladict on November 15, 2020, 04:58:45 PM
Are we seriously debating whether or not Tyr found something in his rice?  :lol:

This. Is. Languish.

At least he didn't find any ants.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

No, we are pointing out that, had he watched the video, he would never have said that he was "shocked to hear some people don't."  The video clearly stated why some people don't, and he wouldn't have been shocked after learning something so obvious.

What Tyr finds in his rice isn't relevant, except as a warning not to buy your rice from whatever cheapass outfit he buys from.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on November 15, 2020, 05:13:40 PM

This. Is. Languish.

Giant Ants?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

No, there is some serious backtracking going on by Tyr, from OMG people don't wash rice to, in his particular circumstances, it makes sense to do so.

Which is kinda the point of the video - leading to the conclusion he did not actually watch it.

Tonitrus

Quote from: grumbler on November 15, 2020, 05:43:08 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on November 15, 2020, 05:13:40 PM

This. Is. Languish.

Giant Ants?

If Lee had those Giant Ants from Tyr's rice make the charge up Cemetery Ridge...could the Confederacy have won at Gettysburg?

PDH

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 15, 2020, 06:13:32 PM
If Lee had those Giant Ants from Tyr's rice make the charge up Cemetery Ridge...could the Confederacy have won at Gettysburg?

No, they can't hold AK-47s  :(
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Josquius

:bleeding:/ :lol:
Watch the bloody video people. It's literally in the opening seconds he says washing rice isn't as common in the US as elswhere.
I've always taken it as a given that you wash rice so it's a surprise that in America this isn't done.
Simple.

Me and rice... I eat it a fair bit. Not as much as I used to but as with most things that keep well it's best to buy in bulk.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on November 15, 2020, 06:29:42 PM
:bleeding:/ :lol:
Watch the bloody video people. It's literally in the opening seconds he says washing rice isn't as common in the US as elswhere.
I've always taken it as a given that you wash rice so it's a surprise that in America this isn't done.
Simple.

Me and rice... I eat it a fair bit. Not as much as I used to but as with most things that keep well it's best to buy in bulk.

Yeah, that is what I thought, if you only watched the opening seconds, you could completely miss what he was actually saying.  Why did you have to fib about watching the whole thing?

Josquius

Fuck off. I really don't get why you're being such an absolute cunt over a throw away comment about a random video?
And at least try to come up with some better form of attack than idiotic gaslighting.
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Tyr on November 15, 2020, 07:07:34 PM
Fuck off. I really don't get why you're being such an absolute cunt over a throw away comment about a random video?
And at least try to come up with some better form of attack than idiotic gaslighting.

First Rule of Holes

Bayraktar!

Berkut

This is quality stuff right here.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned