News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Youtube Recommendations

Started by mongers, June 10, 2012, 07:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Wow those are beautiful in their pedantry.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

frunk

70s jazz fusion is best played by teenagers.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Do you say "Oida" when you check your family's facebook pages?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

Syt

The Spiffing Brit.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHXUZ0BxbkU2MYZgsuFgkQ

Channel focuses on using game mechanics and glitches to break games, mostly strategy games, like Civ, Paradox games, but also Skyrim and others.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Syt

I've seen that Blender is on Steam and installed it (it's free, after all).

I looked around for tutorials and have settled on Blender Guru's for now. He has a detailed tutorial that goes from basic to more advanced stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjEaoINr3zgEq0u2MzVgAaHEBt--xLB6U

I've finished the first part which leaves me with a basic donut. The next chapters add textures, sprinkles, a cup of coffee etc. Rather enjoying this (I've always been interested in 3D modeling, but never made much of an effort to really get into it). I was stumped a few times, but usually there's comments from people who ran into similar issues and explain how to fix them in the comments.

The result so far. Basic, but quite happy with the result so far. :)

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Finished part 2 of the tutorial. I think my donut is a bit undercooked. :D

—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

I never got the appeal of sprinkles. Why ruin a sweet dessert by adding a gritty texture?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Me neither.  What's the point of adding something that makes your teeth hurt when biting into it?

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on March 14, 2020, 08:52:53 PM
Me neither.  What's the point of adding something that makes your teeth hurt when biting into it?

:huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Finished part 3 of the tutorial. In which I cursed a lot trying to wrap my head around the interface.  :lol:

—Stephen Jay Gould