Greek Neo-Nazi Politician Assaults Two Female MPs On Live TV

Started by jimmy olsen, June 08, 2012, 08:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: Lettow77 on June 09, 2012, 09:37:11 AM
I dunno, I figure if your the type to vote for people so blatantly thuggish as Golden Dawn, you'd applaud beating on communists.

Beating up communists is one of the best things about fascist thugs, and being a woman certainly didn't help Emma Goldman.

Or Rosa Luxemburg, whose fate would seem more relevant in this case.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Lettow77

You are absolutely right.  :Embarrass: I mixed up my godless jewish communist women.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

DontSayBanana

Quote from: The Brain on June 08, 2012, 11:41:45 PM
Wait, Golden Dawn did this? :o

Their lifestyle to me seems so tragic. :(

They fooled all the people with magic.
Experience bij!

Queequeg

Quote from: Lettow77 on June 09, 2012, 03:10:45 PM
You are absolutely right.  :Embarrass: I mixed up my godless jewish communist women.
Luxemburg was a great woman.  You're just a piece of shit closet case with more psychological problems than any three serial killers. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 09, 2012, 12:39:44 PM
She needed to get back in the kitchen.

Q: How many feminists does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, feminists can't change anything.

I've heard that joke before with PETA as the subject.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Queequeg on June 10, 2012, 08:03:32 PM
Luxemburg was a great woman.  You're just a piece of shit closet case with more psychological problems than any three serial killers.

Something touched a nerve.  Was it the godless or the Jewish that did it?

Neil

She was kind of a bad person.  You're overreacting.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Eh, no.  Lettuce is right.  She had no redeeming qualities and got what she deserved.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Commie or not, she did strike him first with the paper.  Ain't nobody above an asswhupping, should already know that before hitting fascists. 

Josquius

hopefully this will lose them some votes so some progress can be made in Greece
██████
██████
██████

Scipio

Quote from: Tyr on June 11, 2012, 07:08:12 AM
hopefully this will lose them some votes so some progress can be made in Greece
What's the basis for Greek democracy?

Slaves rowing boats around the Mediterranean.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on June 10, 2012, 09:58:48 PM

Eh, no.  Lettuce is right.  She had no redeeming qualities and got what she deserved.

Rosa was a Communist, but she had lots of admirable qualities for all that - at least, that's my sense. She was, for example, against Germany's participation in WW1, and accurately predicted that the Russian Revolution would descend into tyranny.

Here are two Rosa quotes:

QuoteLuxemburg's best-known quotation is: Freedom is always the freedom of the one who thinks differently (Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden), this is from a fuller quotation:
Freedom only for the supporters of the government, only for the members of a party – however numerous they may be – is no freedom at all. Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter. Not because of the fanaticism of "justice", but rather because all that is instructive, wholesome, and purifying in political freedom depends on this essential characteristic, and its effects cease to work when "freedom" becomes a privilege.[21]

"Without general elections, without unrestricted freedom of press and assembly, without a free struggle of opinion, life dies out in every public institution, becomes a mere semblance of life, in which only the bureaucracy remains as the active element"

Can't say as I disagree with her on that.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jacob

Quote from: Malthus on June 13, 2012, 12:36:10 PMCan't say as I disagree with her on that.

Well, obviously derSpiess can't agree with that. Freedom for people who think differently than him? Preposterous.

Admiral Yi

Did she write those excellent words about elections while she was leading the coup, or before?

MadImmortalMan

I watched that video, and I wanted to hit them both, even though I didn't know what they were saying. Public discourse has deteriorated.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers