News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Stupid question from a stupid person

Started by Darth Wagtaros, June 03, 2012, 06:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

I have to put in a toilet paper holder.  Do dry wall anchors go into the wood stud or can they just go into the drywall
PDH!

grumbler

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 03, 2012, 06:23:14 PM
I have to put in a toilet paper holder.  Do dry wall anchors go into the wood stud or can they just go into the drywall

Anchor one side in a stud if you can, then use the drywall anchors (get the metal expanding kind, not the plastic jobs) for the other side (or both, if the stud is just too close/far away).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

If you're screwing it in to a stud you don't need to use an anchor, no.  Use one of those stud finder tools to be sure, though.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

katmai

grumbles and Caliga have no idea what they are talking about :rolleyes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

Why would you screw it in a stud? Its all about the position of the holder in relation to the bowl. Get a recessed holder and be done with it.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: 11B4V on June 03, 2012, 08:11:18 PM
Why would you screw it in a stud?

I guess they're very aggressive with their toilet paper usage.  Can't be ripping it out of the wall when you hulk out on the toilet.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ideologue

Just sit the toilet paper on the counter.  It's right there.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on June 03, 2012, 09:38:27 PM
Just sit the toilet paper on the counter.  It's right there.

No shit, you know?  You can just grab n' wrap.

Tonitrus

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 03, 2012, 09:57:20 PM
No built-in iPad recharging dock?  Fail.

But it has an old school paper-and-ink Soviet era charm to it.  I think it's called a "magazine".

Monoriu

I'll either have to glue it to the wall, or hire someone to do it.  The first option isn't desirable because it will fall off quite easily.  I have zero confidence in my ability to screw holes in ceramic tiles without damaging them.  As a matter of fact I don't have any tools to do that. 

11B4V

Quote from: Monoriu on June 03, 2012, 10:21:20 PM
I'll either have to glue it to the wall, or hire someone to do it.  The first option isn't desirable because it will fall off quite easily.  I have zero confidence in my ability to screw holes in ceramic tiles without damaging them.  As a matter of fact I don't have any tools to do that.

You Tube is your friend doing simple household shit like that.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".