Suspect in 1995 Tokyo subway gas attack arrested in Japan

Started by jimmy olsen, June 03, 2012, 05:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Weird, I can understand how Al Aqaida members are able to live on the run for years, but to live as a terrorist fugitive in the same 1st world country that you committed the crime in for all those years...?
http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/03/12034226-suspect-in-1995-tokyo-subway-gas-attack-arrested-in-japan?lite

QuoteSuspect in 1995 Tokyo subway gas attack arrested in Japan

By msnbc.com staff

A member of the Japanese religious cult responsible for releasing a nerve agent that killed 13 people in Tokyo's subway system has been arrested after 17 years as a fugitive, Japanese news services reported Sunday.

The woman, Naoko Kikuchi, 40, was one of the last two fugitives of the cult known then as Aum Shinrikyo who had escaped capture since the deadly attack in 1995, which injured 54 other people. Nearly 200 members of the cult, whose name meant "Supreme Truth" have been convicted in the plot, including its leader, Shoko Asahara.

Makoto Hirata, another former member, turned himself in to police in January. The arrests leave one remaining suspect still at large, identified as Katsuya Takahashi, 54.

Kikuchi, described as a senior member of the doomsday cult, was arrested Saturday night in Sagamihara, Japan's Kyodo news service reported. She was being held in Tokyo on charges of murder and attempted murder.

Asahi Shimbun reported that Kikuchi was identified after a woman tipped off police that a woman resembling her was living in Sagamihara. When police asked her whether she was Kikuchi, she simply said "Yes."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Kleves

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 03, 2012, 05:30:51 PM
Weird, I can understand how Al Aqaida members are able to live on the run for years, but to live as a terrorist fugitive in the same 1st world country that you committed the crime in for all those years...?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Kleves on June 03, 2012, 05:39:50 PM
Unabomber[/img]
No one knew who the unabomber was. They had photos of this woman and knew her name. Totally different circumstance.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

"BOLO, Japanese Male, dark hair, dark eyes.  Approach with caution."

Jaron

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

An experienced organized crime figure is a bit different than a 20 something cultist.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

Doesn't that depend on the nature of the gang or the cult?
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 03, 2012, 07:45:49 PM
An experienced organized crime figure is a bit different than a 20 something cultist.

Dude, he was playing shuffleboard.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Monoriu

They got most of the cult.  It isn't surprising that one or two got away. 

Jaron

Especially, as CdM pointed out, most Asians are indistinguishable from each other. The nursery ward at the hospitals must be insane.

Octavian

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 03, 2012, 06:54:44 PM

"BOLO, Japanese Male, dark hair, dark eyes.  Approach with caution."

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee