And we're back!

Main Menu

I Write Like...LOLWUT?

Started by CountDeMoney, June 02, 2012, 11:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Nifty little analyzer for shits and giggles--

http://iwl.me/

QuoteCheck which famous writer you write like with this statistical analysis tool, which analyzes your word choice and writing style and compares them with those of the famous writers.

I dropped in three samples--got one Corey Doctorow, and two William Gibsons.  Go fig.

katmai

Pfft stupid program, when I input Hunter S. Thompson excerpt told me it was written like JD Salinger. :rolleyes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on June 02, 2012, 11:11:06 PM
Pfft stupid program, when I input Hunter S. Thompson excerpt told me it was written like JD Salinger. :rolleyes:

lol

garbon

In the same spirit, I dropped 3 pieces.  James Joyce x2 and 1 Chuck Palahniuk.  :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 02, 2012, 11:03:48 PM
I dropped in three samples--got one Corey Doctorow, and two William Gibsons.  Go fig.

:hmm:

2x Corey Doctorow, 1x William Gibson here.

Josquius

David Foster Wallace 1 and Kurt Vonnegut 1. The only sizable written stuff I have to hand.

I remember seeing this a while ago and somebody looked into its methodology...it is indeed pretty crappy. Never guesses authors are themselves.
██████
██████
██████

Jaron

I got the Cory Doctorow :/

I put another one and I got H.P. Lovecraft. I think I write more along the lines of CdM meets bmolsson.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on June 02, 2012, 11:15:25 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 02, 2012, 11:03:48 PM

:hmm:

2x Corey Doctorow, 1x William Gibson here.

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on June 02, 2012, 11:16:28 PM
Never guesses authors are themselves.

Ulysses text came out - James Joyce
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

It said a dieselpunk story of mine is William Gibson, a fantasy story is William Shakespeare and another fantasy story is Anne Rice. :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Ideologue

First try, Arthur Clarke.  YES.

Second try, Stephen King.  MEH.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

katmai

And i don't have anything to input as all my stuff is in script form :nerd:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: katmai on June 02, 2012, 11:22:20 PM
And i don't have anything to input as all my stuff is in script form :nerd:

I have part of a script. Not surprisingly it involves a bitchy woman.