News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '12-13

Started by grumbler, June 02, 2012, 03:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

I'll laugh so hard if Ohio st. goes undefeated.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 15, 2012, 04:31:05 PM
Again, they just signed a 13 year grant of rights.  So, yes.  Really.  Could you possibly be more of a douche about it?

Dunno why you are so butthurt about the Big 12's problems.  Yeah, they just signed a TV deal, but they had a TV deal when they lost 1/3 of their membership.  You can feel free to argue that the Big 12 looks as stable for the future as the ACC, but don't expect everyone to buy it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2012, 01:50:46 AM
I thought MSU might at least be decent but Notre Dame just crushed them.

Teams that can't pass won't beat Notre Dame.  MSU doesn't have a QB, so really didn't stand a chance.

The Irish are definitely beatable, though. Their secondary is weak, and they also don't have a QB.

QuoteSad to say but a rebuilding Ohio State team and a Sophmore slumping Michigan are the best of the bunch.

Don't disagree, but also don't know what a "Sophmore slumping Michigan" is.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: grumbler on September 16, 2012, 08:18:06 AM
Again, they just signed a 13 year grant of rights.  So, yes.  Really.  Could you possibly be more of a douche about it?

Dunno why you are so butthurt about the Big 12's problems.  Yeah, they just signed a TV deal, but they had a TV deal when they lost 1/3 of their membership.  You can feel free to argue that the Big 12 looks as stable for the future as the ACC, but don't expect everyone to buy it.

Good example of how ignorant grumbler is about the specifics of the grant of rights contracts. Of course in grumbler world he's never been mistaken, as he is the most interesting man in the world.

Barrister

Quote from: dps on September 16, 2012, 06:55:19 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2012, 01:50:46 AM
Quote from: sbr on September 15, 2012, 10:00:46 PM
What a steaming pile of dogshit the Big 10 is.

I thought MSU might at least be decent but Notre Dame just crushed them.

Sad to say but a rebuilding Ohio State team and a Sophmore slumping Michigan are the best of the bunch.

LOL.  Other than Ohio State is 3-0, which can't go bowling, their only other remaining undefeateds are Minnesota and Northwestern.

:w00t:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on September 16, 2012, 09:44:49 AM
Good example of how ignorant grumbler is about the specifics of the grant of rights contracts. Of course in grumbler world he's never been mistaken, as he is the most interesting man in the world.

Good example of how OttovonBismarck decides to make ad hom arguments when he has no intellectual contributions to add.  Of course, his ad hom misses the target.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on September 16, 2012, 09:45:03 AM
:w00t: 
Minnesota could be a very interesting team this year.  They could go 8-4 or 4-8.

Bayraktar!

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: grumbler on September 16, 2012, 10:33:35 AM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on September 16, 2012, 09:44:49 AM

Good example of how OttovonBismarck decides to make ad hom arguments when he has no intellectual contributions to add.  Of course, his ad hom misses the target.

Grumbler 101: Declare yourself victor of all arguments and possibly Emperor of the World.

Isn't it time for you to go back to whatever nursing home it is you belong in?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 16, 2012, 12:03:04 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 16, 2012, 07:04:56 AM
I'll laugh so hard if Ohio st. goes undefeated.

Go fuck yourself.

After barely beating Cal I don't think that will be a problem.

Ed Anger

Timmay is trying to taint St. Urban.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on September 16, 2012, 11:07:50 AM
Grumbler 101: Declare yourself victor of all arguments and possibly Emperor of the World.

Isn't it time for you to go back to whatever nursing home it is you belong in?

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

I don't understand where this sudden Virginian-on-Virginian violence is coming from. 
For the sake of Old Dominion, gentlemen.

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 16, 2012, 12:27:06 PM
I don't understand where this sudden Virginian-on-Virginian violence is coming from. 
For the sake of Old Dominion, gentlemen.

Don't interrupt OvB, Seedy;  he's just warming up in FlailEx '12.  Plenty more amusement to come, but still no violence.  For there to be violence, one of his flails would have to hit.

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: grumbler on September 16, 2012, 08:18:06 AM

No dude, they signed a grant of rights with the TV deal.  I don't know how many times people have to tell you this until you get it.   I'm not "butthurt," you're just being a fucking asshole about it for no reason while also apparently not having a single clue what you're talking about.

E: Do you not know what a grant of rights is?  Is that what it is?