News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Aw, Shit

Started by Malthus, June 01, 2012, 02:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Going home tonight is going to be LOTS OF FUN, given the subway I usually use if flooded under several feet of sewage.  :(

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/01/torontos-union-station-shut-down-due-to-massive-flood-of-rainwater-and-possibly-sewage/

Yep, I'm good and screwed.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Can you get a taxi or take the bus?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

It's a chance to play a quick round of "Warsaw Ghetto Uprising."  :)

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2012, 02:23:02 PM
Can you get a taxi or take the bus?

Well, sure. Just like everyone else in the downtown core, who will, simultaneously, be attempting to take cabs or busses.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

My city's subway never even got finished :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on June 01, 2012, 02:34:23 PM
Well, sure. Just like everyone else in the downtown core, who will, simultaneously, be attempting to take cabs or busses.  :D

Does anybody in your office have a car?  Maybe they could take you home if you give them some gas money.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2012, 02:47:30 PM

Does anybody in your office have a car?  Maybe they could take you home if you give them some gas money.

Naw, I'll be okay once I get up to Bloor (that's the east-west line).

The problem is that if the subway goes, there is always horrendous follow-on congestion. In rush hour, or rush several-hours rather, the core will be clogged with cars - it is anyway but this will make it really bad.

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on June 01, 2012, 02:57:44 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2012, 02:47:30 PM

Naw, I'll be okay once I get up to Bloor (that's the east-west line).

The problem is that if the subway goes, there is always horrendous follow-on congestion. In rush hour, or rush several-hours rather, the core will be clogged with cars - it is anyway but this will make it really bad.
Have fun getting on the university line lol. Might as well just walk up to bloor. it'll be faster.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on June 01, 2012, 03:04:50 PM
Have fun getting on the university line lol. Might as well just walk up to bloor. it'll be faster.

That's what I plan on doing. It's not so bad, as long as it is not raining hard.

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on June 01, 2012, 03:09:22 PM

That's what I plan on doing. It's not so bad, as long as it is not raining hard.
Might want to catch the subway at sherbourne too, since you're walking. The zombie masses will be heading towards the yonge, bay, and st. george stations, i would guess.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on June 01, 2012, 03:13:18 PM
Quote from: Malthus on June 01, 2012, 03:09:22 PM

Might want to catch the subway at sherbourne too, since you're walking. The zombie masses will be heading towards the yonge, bay, and st. george stations, i would guess.

I plan on hanging out at my friend's house for a bit, maybe have dinner there - she lives right in Yorkville, so it is easy for me to then hop on the Bay subway.

viper37

Same thing happenned to Montreal last week.

So glad I live in a small village... :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Scipio

Quote from: Malthus on June 01, 2012, 02:22:08 PM
Going home tonight is going to be LOTS OF FUN, given the subway I usually use if flooded under several feet of sewage.  :(

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/01/torontos-union-station-shut-down-due-to-massive-flood-of-rainwater-and-possibly-sewage/

Yep, I'm good and screwed.
Forgive me, but I am reliably informed that mass transit is in all ways superior to private transport.  So I do not believe your lies.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

KRonn

Poor Malthus, stranded, lost, no food or water, in the middle of the city. Could be days before you get home! I'm envisioning a trek like  in the John Candy/Steve Martin movie where they went through days of madness just trying to get home after their train broke down.    ;)