And we're back!

Main Menu

Did You Cheat in School?

Started by Admiral Yi, May 31, 2012, 05:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We don't need no stinkin' question.

Yes, I cheated to improve my own grade.
9 (24.3%)
Yes, I helped others to improve their grade.
8 (21.6%)
I saw others cheat but turned a blind eye.
13 (35.1%)
I turned in others I saw cheating.
3 (8.1%)
I never saw anyone cheat.
4 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 37

CountDeMoney

Nope, never cheated;  didn't have to.  I knew I was bad in math; why pretend?

But you better believe I ratted motherfuckers out.

derspiess

Never did any major cheating.  There were some gray areas here & there, but nothing worth mentioning.

And I never turned anyone in-- I figured it would catch up to them eventually.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Nope never cheated, and ain't no snitch like Seedy.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

sbr

I cheated a small bit in high school.  I don't think I cheated in any of my couple years of college.

I did help other people cheat much more.  There is one kid who would have failed geology 101 if I didn't let him copy all of my test answers.  I remember he came from a very rich family, I might have to look him up.

Sheilbh

Never.  Never saw anyone cheat either.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on May 31, 2012, 05:19:48 PM
Define "cheat". :)

Tell me what you did and I'll tell you where it falls.

jimmy olsen

Cheated once, but felt bad about it and never did it again.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on May 31, 2012, 05:17:11 PM

Hey, it was difficult enough to spend the time hating on the really smart kids, didn't have time to let the cheaters increase the pack.  So fuck 'em.

DGuller

Only a couple of times in earth science junior high school class.  I really detested earth science, I was sitting in the back, and the teacher was not good at keeping control of the classroom, so it was pretty rowdy there.  That meant that I learned next to nothing in that class all year. 

My family just bought a bubble jet printer (which was the shit compared to dot matrix printers in vogue at the time), and it occured to me that this printer could print at a very fine resolution.  Before the tests, I would type out all the stuff I would need, shrink it to size 1 (MS Word couldn't do it, but WordPerfect could), and print a copy for myself and a couple of friends.  I did it more for the thrill of of it, and for the novelty of using technology to cheat more effectively, than to help myself.  Usually in the process of creating the cheating aids I would inadvertently commit to memory most of what I needed for the test.

The fun stopped when one asshole who I warred with all throughout junior high school stole one of my cheat sheets.  It was pretty common knowledge by that time that all my friends were being equipped with my cheat sheets, so he wanted one for himself.  I used my Ukrainian school training to beat the cheat sheet out of him, collected the cheat sheets from all my friends, and destroyed them before the asshole could narc us out.  That was the end of that glorious adventure.

Capetan Mihali

I don't remember cheating, but there were probably some grey-area instances.  I guess I did let other people copy off of me if I was pressured to, but that was pretty much over by the time I started high school and its stratification in courses.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on May 31, 2012, 05:40:15 PM
I really detested earth science,

WTF did igneous rocks ever do to you, man?

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2012, 05:38:24 PM
Quote from: katmai on May 31, 2012, 05:17:11 PM

Hey, it was difficult enough to spend the time hating on the really smart kids, didn't have time to let the cheaters increase the pack.  So fuck 'em.

See as one of the really smart kids i felt bad for the idiots who needed to cheat, you know like Caliga.  :)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

What kinds of things do youse guys mean by gray areas?