New York mayor seeks ban on sale of big sugary drinks

Started by garbon, May 31, 2012, 09:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

fhdz

If I'm going to eat 744 calories in one go, it's sure as hell going to be a much more pleasurable experience than downing 64 oz. of Coca-Cola.
and the horse you rode in on

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: fahdiz on May 21, 2013, 02:09:35 PM
If I'm going to eat 744 calories in one go, it's sure as hell going to be a much more pleasurable experience than downing 64 oz. of Coca-Cola.

No kidding. Have a ribeye.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

fhdz

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 21, 2013, 02:12:23 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on May 21, 2013, 02:09:35 PM

No kidding. Have a ribeye.

:mmm:
and the horse you rode in on

CountDeMoney

Sometimes, you just need 64 ounces of Coca-Cola.

Not every day, though.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 21, 2013, 02:14:45 PM

Not every day, though.

Like when do you need that?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on May 21, 2013, 02:34:07 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 21, 2013, 02:14:45 PM

Not every day, though.

Like when do you need that?

When you are making 16 rye-and-cokes

Barrister

I'm not saying it's a great idea, but I think the target audience for a Double Gulp is someone who does physical labour and is using that coke as a means of hydration and cheap calories.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on May 21, 2013, 02:40:22 PM
I'm not saying it's a great idea, but I think the target audience for a Double Gulp is someone who does physical labour and is using that coke as a means of hydration and cheap calories.

I think the target audience is fat (or soon to be fat) people who consume soda as their main means of intaking liquid because they really like sugar.

DGuller

Quote from: Jacob on May 21, 2013, 02:47:06 PM

I think the target audience is fat (or soon to be fat) people who consume soda as their main means of intaking liquid because they really like sugar.
:yes:

PDH

I really am not too keen on soda, so I just down a cup of sugar and then fill up on tap water.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on May 21, 2013, 02:47:06 PM

Yep.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Thankfully with fat acceptance, Big Gulp enthusiasts won't have to feel bad about getting fat from drinking all that sugary soda.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall