News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obama personally orders every drone attack

Started by jimmy olsen, May 31, 2012, 03:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2012, 10:49:48 AM
Well, considering how the Bush White House rejected an operation to go after Al-Zawahiri in Pakistan in 2005, not anyone in office would have done the same.
al-Zawahiri != bin Laden.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on May 31, 2012, 11:09:04 AM
How do you know they didn't have to in this case?

Fuck Pakistan.  You have a shot at Al-Zawahiri, you fucking take it.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2012, 11:06:56 AM
I always knock second-guess the Bush Administration for showing restraint when they didn't have to--and for not showing restraint when they needed to.

Edited for brevity.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 31, 2012, 11:32:16 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2012, 11:06:56 AM
I always knock second-guess the Bush Administration for showing restraint when they didn't have to--and for not showing restraint when they needed to.

Edited for brevity.

Hey, he had me won me over with the Axis of Evil, and the Wolfman's "ending states".

But he went after the wrong country that started with I.  Had it been Iran over terrorism, LIKE THE AXIS OF EVIL SPEECH IDENTIFIED AS POLICY, along with nukes identified by the French in 2003, I would probably be voting Republican now.  But nooooo....we had to fabricate a war to go after the guy Cheney still had a hard-on for since '91 and who tried ta whack mah Daddy, don't mess with Texas, etc.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on May 31, 2012, 11:10:38 AM
Well, considering how the Bush White House rejected an operation to go after Al-Zawahiri in Pakistan in 2005, not anyone in office would have done the same.

Operationally, much more important than OBL.  Especially in 2005.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2012, 11:42:54 AM
Quote from: Neil on May 31, 2012, 11:10:38 AM

Operationally, much more important than OBL.  Especially in 2005.
Operations < politics.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Berkut on May 31, 2012, 10:53:23 AM
I am evaluating Obama based o what he did, not what he said he would do (or not do). What he SAID in campaigns he would do he most certainly did NOT do, which is actually why I am giving him a high grade.
I disagree.  I think he's backed out of his promises of civil liberties and Guantanamo.

Aside from that everything in his foreign/WoT policy has been entirely congruent with what he was saying on the campaign trail.  None of it's been surprising except to people who weren't paying attention - whether because they thought he was some sort of liberal messiah or on the right who thought he was a weak appeaser.
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2012, 11:37:59 AM
Hey, he had me won me over with the Axis of Evil, and the Wolfman's "ending states".

But he went after the wrong country that started with I.  Had it been Iran over terrorism, LIKE THE AXIS OF EVIL SPEECH IDENTIFIED AS POLICY, along with nukes identified by the French in 2003, I would probably be voting Republican now.  But nooooo....we had to fabricate a war to go after the guy Cheney still had a hard-on for since '91 and who tried ta whack mah Daddy, don't mess with Texas, etc.

I think one thing we all learned from that era is that you do not mess with Texas.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: DGuller on May 31, 2012, 10:35:15 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 31, 2012, 08:48:20 AM
about whacking bin Laden - I think anyone in office would have done the same.
You just can't give Obama credit for anything he's done, can you?

You're a special type of assclown to say that about Berkut when quoting a post of his in which he is explicitly giving Obama credit for something.

Berkut

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 31, 2012, 12:40:28 PM

You're a special type of assclown to say that about Berkut when quoting a post of his in which he is explicitly giving Obama credit for something.

Pssst. I think DG was being ironic. Or sarcastic. Or maybe ironically sarcastic.

In any case, he was trying to be funny, in his Eastern European way.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 31, 2012, 12:40:28 PM

:D
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Berkut on May 31, 2012, 12:47:21 PM
Pssst. I think DG was being ironic. Or sarcastic. Or maybe ironically sarcastic.

I don't think Slavic, which is why I have a job and am not a dysfunctional alcoholic with no understanding of how economic systems work, and why I don't fall in slavish worship to any underclass saber rattler that comes around and/or start killing Jews the second no one is looking. So unfortunately if that was DGuller trying to be funny, I'll cop to not being on the same wave length as him and thus highly unlikely to understand or accept anything he has in any way other than literally. To do otherwise would essentially be an attempt at thinking like a Slav.

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 31, 2012, 02:20:41 PM
Quote from: Berkut on May 31, 2012, 12:47:21 PM

I don't think Slavic, which is why I have a job and am not a dysfunctional alcoholic with no understanding of how economic systems work, and why I don't fall in slavish worship to any underclass saber rattler that comes around and/or start killing Jews the second no one is looking. So unfortunately if that was DGuller trying to be funny, I'll cop to not being on the same wave length as him and thus highly unlikely to understand or accept anything he has in any way other than literally. To do otherwise would essentially be an attempt at thinking like a Slav.

He's part Jew.  :Joos
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 31, 2012, 12:10:54 PM

I think one thing we all learned from that era is that you do not mess with Texas.

Yeah, you bother a Texan, and he's willing to kill American soldiers from all 50 states to overthrow you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017