News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Rave : Video card!

Started by garbon, May 06, 2009, 11:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I bought myself a shitty little video card for my desktop pc (i've been on onboard graphics) and wow.  Everything is so much better.  :cool:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: garbon on May 06, 2009, 11:40:48 PM
I bought myself a shitty little video card for my desktop pc (i've been on onboard graphics)

ewwww :x
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Phillip V

Now you are able to play EU3.

garbon

Quote from: Phillip V on May 07, 2009, 03:22:09 AM
Now you are able to play EU3.

Contrary to popular acclaim, it actually ran before. Not very well, but no worse than CK a few centuries in.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Good to see another upgrader. I finally got out from under the yoke of onboard graphics with a Radeon X1650 (this is an older computer, after all), and it rocked. :hug:
Experience bij!

garbon

That's it. I'm going back to onboard graphics. <_<

DontSayBanana

Quote from: garbon on May 07, 2009, 02:15:57 PM
That's it. I'm going back to onboard graphics. <_<
Don't worry. I'm not tainting your gaming; I pretty much only use it for San Andreas and some 3d modeling.
Experience bij!

crazy canuck

(i've been on onboard graphics)

For some reason Languishites feel the need to confess all manner of personal defects and failures. 

starbright

I got EU3 complete recently. The game is fun. Runs well. Had my first crash eight after putting a temple in every province of North America, about two hundred clicks.  :cry:

The pirated are annoying, so I edited them out. Tariff effficiency is enough reason to build a navy.
The AI is okay. Reinforcement really helps the AI out. Their armies actually have to be killed in battle. I still have not been able to break onto the continent as England.

Ed Anger

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 07, 2009, 02:51:34 PM
(i've been on onboard graphics)

For some reason Languishites feel the need to confess all manner of personal defects and failures.

I use onboard audio.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 07, 2009, 02:51:34 PM

This thread was a positive comment from me about a positive change I made. :mellow: