News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I have joined the Malthusian club...

Started by viper37, May 24, 2012, 07:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Malthus on May 24, 2012, 07:48:10 AM
I don't think your massively overpriced toilet brush is going to impress people with your conspicuous consumption like a $2000 stroller would.

Though I guess it depends on the crowd you hang out with.  :D

germans?

PDH

Quote from: 11B4V on May 24, 2012, 09:17:03 AM
Dude go to walmart for that shit.

Plus you can hit on chicks with tats there too.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on May 24, 2012, 10:14:47 AM

Or that one with the urine bag.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 24, 2012, 10:16:46 AM

Oooh!  Or that chick on the anti-smoking commercials.  The one with the hole in her throat and the wig.  She looks pretty freaky.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on May 24, 2012, 10:25:30 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 24, 2012, 10:16:46 AM

Oooh!  Or that chick on the anti-smoking commercials.  The one with the hole in her throat and the wig.  She looks pretty freaky.

Dont hate the Mart.  :mad:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

viper37

Quote from: viper37 on May 24, 2012, 07:38:16 AM
In overpaying for common appliance.

No, don't worry.  I have not bought a 4000$ stroller.

Only a 111$ toilet brush.  :Embarrass:

I really should have checked the price before placing the order.  And I thought I'd be saving money by going directly to the distrubutor.  Frack me :(

there's no Walmart yet in my hometown.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

WalMart gave up on Quebec because of all the union agitatin.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 24, 2012, 10:53:37 AM

Hrm if I google 'Warmart Quebec' it looks like there are dozens of locations :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on May 24, 2012, 11:27:34 AM

Hrm if I google 'Warmart Quebec' it looks like there are dozens of locations :hmm:

:bleeding:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

No, they bought some of the Zellers store and are in the process of clearing the store, then they will modify it to suit their needs and re-open as a mini-Walmart.  It's a city of less than 5000 souls, it wasn't really in their priority.

As for giving up on Quebec, that's not the case, the market is just saturated for their big stores.  They got at least one in mid size cities (30 000 and above) accross the province.  Maybe they closed one and did not reopen it, I can't remember.

You need to take into account that the entire population of Quebec could fit in Boston's CSA.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Quote from: viper37 on May 24, 2012, 10:52:07 AM
Quote from: viper37 on May 24, 2012, 07:38:16 AM
In overpaying for common appliance.

No, don't worry.  I have not bought a 4000$ stroller.

Only a 111$ toilet brush.  :Embarrass:

I really should have checked the price before placing the order.  And I thought I'd be saving money by going directly to the distrubutor.  Frack me :(

there's no Walmart yet in my hometown.
You can also use the online Walmart

http://www.amazon.com/Casabella-44668-Bowl-Brush-Set/dp/B0041D7OSS/ref=sr_1_2?s=bedbath&ie=UTF8&qid=1337904566&sr=1-2
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".