News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Naval Warfaretards/Churchillians, to me!

Started by CountDeMoney, May 24, 2012, 06:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 25, 2012, 10:00:34 AM
Back to talking about Boats, damn it.

WOuld you say that defeat in Vietnam is a direct correlation of having no(or enough) Battleship engage?

Neither side had battleships in Vietnam, and probably for good reason.  For the North, it would have been hard to get a battleship down the Ho Chi Minh Trail, and for the South it would have been hard to prevent the ship's crew from selling it to a South American dictator.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

WOuld you say that defeat in Vietnam is a direct correlation of having no(or enough) Battleship engage?

No BB engagements? Or no BB engaged during Vietnam? Or no BB's used?

Anywho the New Jersey was used during Vietnam for a short time.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on May 25, 2012, 10:24:15 AM

Neither side had battleships in Vietnam, and probably for good reason.  For the North, it would have been hard to get a battleship down the Ho Chi Minh Trail, and for the South it would have been hard to prevent the ship's crew from selling it to a South American dictator.
Maybe if the North had built one of those ridiculous Nazi landcruisers?

:lol: @ South Vietnam.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Quote from: PDH on May 25, 2012, 10:10:29 AM
If the Iowa could have been dropped from orbit onto the Ho Chi Minh Trail it would have been interesting.  Tim, discuss.

I would rather hear Ho Chi Minh discuss dropping the Iowa on Tim.

grumbler

Quote from: sbr on May 25, 2012, 05:13:36 PM
If the Iowa could have been dropped from orbit onto the Ho Chi Minh Trail it would have been interesting.  Tim, discuss.

I would rather hear Ho Chi Minh discuss dropping the Iowa on Tim.

Ho Chi Minh would have noted the absurdity of lofting the Iowa to orbital altitudes and speeds, only to drop it on Tim.  A simple ballistic trajectory would be much easier and consume less of the Peoples' Republic's resources, and be just as effective.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jacob

Quote from: grumbler on May 25, 2012, 05:49:06 PMHo Chi Minh would have noted the absurdity of lofting the Iowa to orbital altitudes and speeds, only to drop it on Tim.  A simple ballistic trajectory would be much easier and consume less of the Peoples' Republic's resources, and be just as effective.

What if they launched Tim at the Iowa instead?

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on May 25, 2012, 05:58:09 PM
Quote from: grumbler on May 25, 2012, 05:49:06 PMHo Chi Minh would have noted the absurdity of lofting the Iowa to orbital altitudes and speeds, only to drop it on Tim.  A simple ballistic trajectory would be much easier and consume less of the Peoples' Republic's resources, and be just as effective.

That would be less of a triumph for the Party and the People, I would think.

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on May 25, 2012, 05:58:09 PM

the crew would have been infected with Tim's Aspargus syndrome.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on May 25, 2012, 06:27:14 PM
Tim is a virus.

A nasty RSS feed repeating virus. Retardicus Copyrightus Infrigmentus.

Darth Wagtaros

I'd like to see a map.
PDH!

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

11B4V

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 25, 2012, 08:02:05 PM
I'd like to see a map.

:yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7da3iwxMUjU&feature=related
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".