And we're back!

Main Menu

Hawaii verifies Obama birth records to Arizona

Started by garbon, May 23, 2012, 08:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on May 23, 2012, 12:58:13 PM
Quote from: Berkut on May 23, 2012, 12:57:06 PM
I didn't say you were, I said people do - and there are several fine examples right here in this thread.

Ah ok.  Well anyway we shall just agree to disagree on this topic.  As Malthus said it really does not matter in the end.

But it DOES matter, that is the point.

If this was just about birthers, I really would not care.

But it isn't - just look at DGullers posts. This is a tactic of using race as a political bludgeon. And that is about as low as it gets in politics, and typical of the lengths that people are willing to go to score a cheap point. The birthers do it, and the race baiters like Seedy and DG do it.

The only difference is that I know most birthers are just stupid and  poorly informed by those who use them. DG and Seedy know exactly what they are doing.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2012, 12:58:02 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2012, 12:54:43 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2012, 12:49:34 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2012, 12:46:54 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2012, 12:19:18 PM
John McCain was born in Panama, allegedly in "The Zone".  Why wasn't anybody asking about his birth certificate?  That's not even a state. Hmmm....

Do you have amnesia? Issues did arise over whether or not he could be considered a "natural born citizen".

I don't see anybody still bitching about it 4 years later.

Why would they? :huh: McCain isn't up for presidency or vice presidency - so the issue is moot. And then of course, there was Senate Resolution 511 where it was agreed that McCain counts as a natural born citizen.

He's a ranking member of the United States Senate;  and since there have been documented accusations of bona fide MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNIST PARTY in Congress, I think it's something that's still worth exploring anyway, even though it's been put to bed, as it were.  Much like somebody else's birth issue.

Obama and Hillary both signed the resolution.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on May 23, 2012, 01:01:44 PM
Quote from: Berkut on May 23, 2012, 12:58:21 PM
Quote from: DGuller on May 23, 2012, 12:53:14 PM
Quote from: Berkut on May 23, 2012, 12:47:03 PM
It didn't go anywhere of course, but then, neither has the idiotic claims that Obama isn't eligible, except among the crazies.
That's a really disingenuous equivocation to make, because in Obama's case "among the crazies" makes up a very significant chunk of one party's voters.  Attributing something to the fringe is only valid if the fringe is not a large block of voters.

Whatever - the issue is not how many Republicans are birthers, it is whether you can just assume birthers are racists, and by your oh so handy extension, hey look! Now Republicans are racists!

Isn't that convenient?
The extension and over-generalization of everything I said is, as usual, yours, not mine.

Quote from: DGullerI think you have to be pretty delusional to not sense a strong racial undercurrent in the Republican flip-out.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on May 23, 2012, 12:57:24 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2012, 12:51:30 PM
So do I have, at least in part, a background of racism because I'm an anti-Obama person and some anti-Obama folks are racist?

Damn did I just finger myself as a racist here?

According to PDH's post that was full of hedging - if you are anti-Obama you have some racism.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

QuoteHow fitting that I'm getting told who I should be supporting from a straight, white male.

We white straight cisgendered abled (did I leave any out?) males are never short on opinions.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2012, 12:45:25 PM
Quote from: PDH on May 23, 2012, 12:33:44 PM
Given that there is an undercurrent of racism to some of the anti Obama folks ("Don't Re-Nig", Federal Judges sending racist anti-Obama emails to name two), it is hard to say that the birthers do not have, at least in part, this as a background.

Never mind that this President has seen the biggest surge of documented threats recorded by the USSS, or that he's been subject to a level of discourtesy and outright disrepect at a level never seen by any other President.  Called a liar from the floor of the House during a Presidential address?  Fingers in his face from crazy governors in Arizona?  GOP candidates that refused to address him as President Obama, just "Obama"?  Kenyan Anti-Colonialism?  The first President on record to request a date to address the House, and refused?  Black liberation?  Accused of fomenting a "less Christian" nation?

Nah, got nothing to do with him being black.

But see, that's not racism to Berkut, because he doesn't see racism.  That would be racist to see racism, and since he has tossed his lot in with racists, he would never share the same political opinions of racists, because that would be racist.

Well it's not like Berkut has a history of ignoring things he doesn't like. :goodboy:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: dps on May 23, 2012, 12:24:32 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2012, 12:19:18 PM
John McCain was born in Panama, allegedly in "The Zone".  Why wasn't anybody asking about his birth certificate?  That's not even a state. Hmmm....

'Cause he lost.

More to the point, McCain did get broadsided on race in South Carolina.  Remember the whispers campaign about a black child?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on May 23, 2012, 01:04:43 PM
QuoteHow fitting that I'm getting told who I should be supporting from a straight, white male.

We white straight cisgendered abled (did I leave any out?) males are never short on opinions.

It isn't so much the opinions but the demands. :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2012, 12:59:10 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2012, 12:55:32 PM
So do I have, at least in part, a background of racism because I'm an anti-Obama person and some anti-Obama folks are racist?

Bah, we decided you were both a race traitor and gender traitor ages ago.  You just get the Jewish Ghetto Police award.  :P

How fitting that I'm getting told who I should be supporting from a straight, white male.

Not my problem you root for people who would not only hate you if they knew you, but would rather roll back your civil rights and, preferably, have you cured or dead. 
But hey, that's the way you roll.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2012, 01:12:23 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2012, 12:59:10 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2012, 12:55:32 PM

Bah, we decided you were both a race traitor and gender traitor ages ago.  You just get the Jewish Ghetto Police award.  :P

How fitting that I'm getting told who I should be supporting from a straight, white male.

Not my problem you root for people who would not only hate you if they knew you, but would rather roll back your civil rights and, preferably, have you cured or dead. 
But hey, that's the way you roll.

You're right. I think Hil wanted to do all of the above.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2012, 01:13:03 PM

I don't see you wearing a Hillary button this time around.

garbon

Besides, Seedster, it is about balance. I've seen the crazy powerful Dems in SF and that imbalance of power (with no moderating influence) hasn't bred a utopia.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2012, 01:14:08 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2012, 01:13:03 PM

I don't see you wearing a Hillary button this time around.

I'm likely to not even enter the voting booth.

CountDeMoney

alfred russel

Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2012, 01:14:35 PM
Besides, Seedster, it is about balance. I've seen the crazy powerful Dems in SF and that imbalance of power (with no moderating influence) hasn't bred a utopia.

On the whole, though, I'd rather live in San Francisco than the locales that republicans reign supreme.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014