News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hawaii verifies Obama birth records to Arizona

Started by garbon, May 23, 2012, 08:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

All i can say is look at the two states that produced Berkut, Arizona and Kansas.....

:P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on May 23, 2012, 10:59:08 AM
I wasn't being sarcastic in the least, unfortunately.

So you think it is just a coincidence they are playing the 'not American enough' card on a guy named 'Hussein'?  Because it looks like a brilliant, if kind of fucked up, political strategy to me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on May 23, 2012, 11:05:36 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 23, 2012, 10:59:08 AM
I wasn't being sarcastic in the least, unfortunately.

So you think it is just a coincidence they are playing the 'not American enough' card on a guy named 'Hussein'?  Because it looks like a brilliant, if kind of fucked up, political strategy to me.

Coincidence? Not at all - I think they are playing any card they can play. There is a question about his birth, so stupid people are playing that card. It is idiotic, but it has very little, if anything, to do with his race. If he was white and there was a question about his birth, the right wingers would do the exact same thing.

I am sure there is some element of racism involved for some people - but that is true for any particular issue.

The much more pervasive racism is the people who try to make it be about race, by repeatedly claiming that ANY opposition to Obama, sane or crazy, is because he is black.

You are a birther? RACIST

You don't think Obama has been effective? ZOMG RACIST!

You think Obama shouldn't be president because he smoked dope and did "a little blow"? WHY DO YOU HATE BLACK PEOPLE???

Caring about where Obama was born makes you an idiot - it doesn't make you a racist. And people who isntantly whip out the race card and play it over and over and over and over again don't need to go looking elsewhere to find racism.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on May 23, 2012, 11:14:49 AM
Caring about where Obama was born makes you an idiot - it doesn't make you a racist.

Common sense suggests otherwise.  I see no other reason to care about that unless you think, for some reason, he is not American enough.  Basically you are a xenophobic asshole.  I mean how blatant does it have to be?

The rest of that stuff I agree with you.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on May 23, 2012, 11:21:04 AM
Caring about where Obama was born makes you an idiot - it doesn't make you a racist.

Common sense suggests otherwise.  I see no other reason to care about that unless you think, for some reason, he is not American enough.  Basically you are a xenophobic asshole.  I mean how blatant does it have to be?

I can see another reason:

Because he is a left wing Democrat, and Jesus demands that you oppose them at any and all times and for any and all reasons no matter what.

It's the same reason these same kind of people actually believe that Clinton murdered James Whatshisname, or that the MoveOn types would give serious consideration to the idea that maybe the Bush administration staged 9/11. You don't need to be black to have crazy people think crazy things about you.

0 rows returned

Razgovory

Moveon.org types like Jerome Corsi?  You might remember him for writing a book that Hans liked so much he used it's cover for his avatar in 2004.  You ought look a little closer at the Truthers.  I think you are more likely to find Libertarians and Ron Paul wackos in their ranks then anyone else.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

It's a shame that a lot of those are strawman arguments.  I don't recall the calls linking Obama's supposed incompetence with racism.  Or the blow thing either. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Question:  suppose Arnold Schwarzenegger ran for President.  Now, there's no doubt that he isn't a natural born American.  Are you saying that you'd be OK with him becoming President despite the fact that he's not legally eligible to do so? 

I'm not asking if you think the Constitution should be amended to allow naturalized citizens to become President--I'm asking if you think it's OK to simply ignore the law.

And, I've said this before, but just for the record, I have no doubt that President Obama meets the Constitutional requirements for his office.

Berkut

There is some irony actually in the incessant shouts of "racism!" in regards to Obama.

Calling birthers racist is actually done for the exact same reason birthers say Obama is not eligible to be President.

Not because it makes any sense, but simply because it is easy and it works.

0 rows returned

derspiess

My aunt still mispronounces Hawaii.

"Guys, would you like to see pictures from our 'Hawaya' trip?" :frusty:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on May 23, 2012, 12:02:01 PM
Not because it makes any sense, but simply because it is easy and it works.

If you say so.  What exactly does it take for something to be racism?

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on May 23, 2012, 11:24:54 AM
Because he is a left wing Democrat, and Jesus demands that you oppose them at any and all times and for any and all reasons no matter what.

Right so mobilizing xenophobes and racists into a frothing rage is a good plan.

It does not work for non-racists.  But there are plenty of other, more sane things, to do to discredit Obama to them.

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on May 23, 2012, 09:59:55 AM
However, Congress defined it in 1790 and it included persons born abroad but possessing at least one US-citizen parent.  it has never since been defined differently, though the term itself doesn't appear in the current naturalization law.
It has to be more restricted than that, because I was born abroad, and I possess a US-citizen parent, and a spare.  However, I'm pretty sure I'm an artificially born US citizen.

CountDeMoney

Coincidence? Not at all - I think they are playing any card they can play. There is a question about his birth, so stupid people are playing that card. It is idiotic, but it has very little, if anything, to do with his race. If he was white and there was a question about his birth, the right wingers would do the exact same thing.

I am sure there is some element of racism involved for some people - but that is true for any particular issue.

The much more pervasive racism is the people who try to make it be about race, by repeatedly claiming that ANY opposition to Obama, sane or crazy, is because he is black.

You are a birther? RACIST

You don't think Obama has been effective? ZOMG RACIST!

You think Obama shouldn't be president because he smoked dope and did "a little blow"? WHY DO YOU HATE BLACK PEOPLE???

Caring about where Obama was born makes you an idiot - it doesn't make you a racist. And people who isntantly whip out the race card and play it over and over and over and over again don't need to go looking elsewhere to find racism.

It's so frustrating to have them on your side, isn't it?  Kinda like having Martinus on your side of an argument.
I think it's adorable that you attempt discount their racism, though.  It's a good effort, and I commend you.  :hug:

QuoteIf he was white and there was a question about his birth, the right wingers would do the exact same thing.

John McCain was born in Panama, allegedly in "The Zone".  Why wasn't anybody asking about his birth certificate?  That's not even a state. Hmmm....

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2012, 12:19:18 PM
John McCain was born in Panama, allegedly in "The Zone".  Why wasn't anybody asking about his birth certificate?  That's not even a state. Hmmm....

'Cause he lost.