0 (0%)
D: France
1 (2.1%)
D: England
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on June 08, 2012, 12:55:10 PM
Hrm Poland seemed to be dominating early on but then...relaxed?  Not really sure what exactly happened but it seems to me Poland blew it.

But granted I was just following tweets and commentary online.  They don't let me watch TV at work  :(
From my radio feed it sounded like a Polish defender made a no-no and gave up a chance to Greece, and then the whole offside fuckup and following goalie expulsion.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Fun game even as it slowed down in the second half. Greece got its act together defensively and Poland had no solution to it.

Poland looks crap defensively IMO. They seem to have a decent option offensively down the wings, especially the right side.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Euro Cup legend, John 'Faxe' Jensen, says we "have a chance to surprise" tomorrow. Beware Holland. :menace:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on June 08, 2012, 12:55:10 PM
Hrm Poland seemed to be dominating early on but then...relaxed?  Not really sure what exactly happened but it seems to me Poland blew it.

But granted I was just following tweets and commentary online.  They don't let me watch TV at work  :(

It's very typical for our team (and really metaphorical for the Polish spirit). We are very good at early rush but then lose steam. If this goes by our usual pattern, the second game will be an abysmal defeat for Poland, with the morale at its lowest and the third game will be a grand moral victory when it doesn't matter anymore and other teams win on points. :P

Liep

Danes, who's that guy in the studio that sounds like that guy from Kryster's Kartel? :p

Sheilbh

Oh LORD.  The ITV intro to the Euros is horrifying.  It's stop motion footballers (past and present) towering above their nations, with a plastic Roy Hodgson in England.

Weirdly Ronaldo looks more human in plasticene.
Let's bomb Russia!

Octavian

Quote from: Liep on June 08, 2012, 01:14:15 PM
Danes, who's that guy in the studio that sounds like that guy from Kryster's Kartel? :p

The bald guy on DR1?
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Liep

Quote from: Octavian on June 08, 2012, 02:03:10 PM

The bald guy on DR1?

The way to tanned guy next to him.

Liep

Octavian

Quote from: Liep on June 08, 2012, 02:05:14 PM
Quote from: Octavian on June 08, 2012, 02:03:10 PM

The bald guy on DR1?

The way to tanned guy next to him.

Ahh don't know then. I only know the bald guy and the host :P

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 08, 2012, 02:08:56 PM
I like these Russians.
Indeed. I can't really tell if it's just the Czechs being horribly slow though. :unsure:

Liep

The Poles aren't very good at finding the hotties for the slowmotion celebration/reactions.