Total Members Voted: 45

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Quote from: The Larch on June 07, 2012, 09:27:10 AM
Quote from: Martinus on June 07, 2012, 09:20:54 AM
I have serious hots for the captain of the Polish team.

:unsure:

Much hotter here. And yes, he is not a classic pretty boy but very masculine and hot. We are not all grallons who are into young feminine boys, you know. And I love square-jawed blond guys with a stubble.

Liep

A: Poland, Russia - Hmm, yeah.. hardest group for me to call.
B: Germany, Denmark - Yes. Yes, this is exactly what I believe will happen. Holland implodes.
C: Spain, Croatia - Like Jose I fear this'll be more boring than it has to.
D: England, Ukraine - Homefield and France will suck again.

1. Winner A - Runner-up B: Poland - Denmark = Poland (whoever gets the goalie job for us will fail hard in this game)
2. Winner B - Runner-up A: Germany - Russia = Germany
3. Winner C - Runner-up D: Spain - Ukraine = Spain (unconvincing, people will begin doubting if they can win)
4. Winner D - Runner-up C: England - Croatia = England (boring)

Winner 1 - Winner 3: Poland - Germany = Germany (controversial call, poles amok)
Winner 2 - Winner 4: Spain - England = England (Iniesta injured for 5-7 months, footballworld in tears)

Germany - England = Germany (Götze for 2 in a game England could've, and maybe should've won)
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Octavian

Quote from: Martinus on June 08, 2012, 02:57:22 AM

Much hotter here. And yes, he is not a classic pretty boy but very masculine and hot. We are not all grallons who are into young feminine boys, you know. And I love square-jawed blond guys with a stubble.

You can have him if I can have the girl...Deal?
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Octavian

I'm not going to bore you all with predictions on who's going to win what...all I'll say is that the winner of it all will be:

DENMARK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any Dane who doesn't believe that will end up in a loveless marriage with Pia Kærsgård.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 07, 2012, 08:30:55 PM
Also I love the BBC's advert.  It reminds me of the Game of Thrones credits:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLoFc4X7Tx8

Nice one. Can someone explain all the animals. I noticed Polish eagles, English lions, Russian two-headed eagle...  :blush:

Valdemar

Maladict

Quote from: Martinus on June 08, 2012, 03:43:02 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on June 07, 2012, 08:30:55 PM
Also I love the BBC's advert.  It reminds me of the Game of Thrones credits:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLoFc4X7Tx8

Nice one. Can someone explain all the animals. I noticed Polish eagles, English lions, Russian two-headed eagle...  :blush:
English lions, Polish eagle, Ukrainian trident, Greek flag in the gate (aptly disappearing into the ground), Croatian shield, Russian doubleheaded eagle and French roosters,  Italian something, Dutch orange lion and Danish shield, Portuguese flag on the drawbridge and white lion (Czechs?), cross(?), Irish shields, Spain.

Maladict

Group stage:
Russia, Poland
Germany, Holland
Spain, Croatia
France, England

Russia-Holland: Russia (again  :()
Germany-Poland: Germany
Spain-England: Spain
France-Croatia: France

Russia-Spain: Spain
Germany-France: Germany

Spain-Germany: Germany

The Larch

Quote from: Martinus on June 08, 2012, 02:57:22 AM

Defensive much?

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 07, 2012, 06:19:38 PM
It's the day before the Euros start and we've the first problem with racism:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/07/euro-2012-holland-racist-abuse

Admittedly, John Terry has been warned.

Meh. I hate the football subculture, but it's rather idiotic to make an issue out of this. It's not like these people are well mannered and educated - they are scum. I also hate how words like "racism", "homophobia" or "bullying" are being used against people guilty of making bad jokes.

Why is it fine to make fun of someone's social class (by calling them chavs or rubes) but not of someone's race or sexuality?

Sheilbh

What's the joke in a crowd making monkey noises at a black guy?
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 08, 2012, 10:50:36 AM

Negro = jungle = monkey. It was "popular" in German stadiums in 80s/early 90s, too. Same with throwing bananas their way.

The last player in Germany who famously had bananas thrown at him was Oliver Kahn, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 08, 2012, 10:50:36 AM

Are you saying it is legitimate and serious? Because there is no alternative.