Main Menu

Syria Disintegrating: Part 2

Started by jimmy olsen, May 22, 2012, 01:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Tonitrus

Quote from: DGuller on October 15, 2015, 10:40:37 PM
Who's next?  Burkina Faso?

If we use "Red Dawn" as a reference point...Nicaragua.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 15, 2015, 10:42:40 PM

Yep, because Burkina Faso is part of the pré carré i.e French.  :frog:
I believe there was a putsch and/or a civil war going in the former Haute Volta lately so they might be busy for a while.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 15, 2015, 10:42:40 PM

they don't have an army, iirc

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on October 16, 2015, 02:16:32 AM
they don't have an army, iirc

Costa Rica doesn't have an army.  Pretty sure Nicaragua does.

Crazy_Ivan80

Tonitrus

If Venezuela wasn't such a basket case these days, they might like to help the Russkies out.  Or Argentina could some practice in before trying another Falklands grab (which if they managed to pull off again, would probably go unopposed this time).

Valmy

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 16, 2015, 02:09:19 PM
Or Argentina could some practice in before trying another Falklands grab (which if they managed to pull off again, would probably go unopposed this time).

With the Tories in power?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PJL

Quote from: Valmy on October 16, 2015, 02:10:56 PM
Or Argentina could some practice in before trying another Falklands grab (which if they managed to pull off again, would probably go unopposed this time).

Even with the Tories, I'm not sure Hollande would lend his planes needed for our aircraft carrier. Or is it the carrier for our planes, I'm not sure. Although I might be wrong, as Mitterand did support us last time Argentina invaded.

mongers

Do you still have two hands?

If so that's just about enough to count how the number of Royal Navy warships. un- :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

Quote from: PJL on October 16, 2015, 02:16:31 PM

Even with the Tories, I'm not sure Hollande would lend his planes needed for our aircraft carrier. Or is it the carrier for our planes, I'm not sure. Although I might be wrong, as Mitterand did support us last time Argentina invaded.

The Tories may be in power, but that doesn't mean they have Maggie's balls.  :P

I guess it would ultimately depend on how supportive/involved our government would be.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: PJL on October 16, 2015, 02:16:31 PM

Didn't they build a military base on the island to prevent a landing?

Also, modern submarines are more than enough to destroy what ever navy the Argies have (they've slashed their budget even more than the UK IIRC).
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on October 16, 2015, 02:17:58 PM
Do you still have two hands?

If so that's just about enough to count how the number of Royal Navy warships. un- :bowler:

Still more than enough to defeat whatever shit the Argies have :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Rumours that several, perhaps three Russians have been killed in rebel shelling of a forward base inland from Latakia, suggested they're not Russian servicemen, nor 'little green men', but volunteers, possibly having come from a quietening Eastern Ukraine.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"