And we're back!

Main Menu

Syria Disintegrating: Part 2

Started by jimmy olsen, May 22, 2012, 01:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on April 02, 2014, 01:39:58 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 02, 2014, 01:32:39 PM
At least the Crac got to come out of retirement for one more bloody battle and it wasn't fatal.

Did Assad call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' niggers, who got to work on the homes there with a pair of pliers and a blow torch? Did he get medieval on their asses - literally?
:o Thought this was CdM until I looked over to see who it was.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

citizen k

Quote from: Malthus on April 02, 2014, 01:39:58 PM
Did Assad call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' niggers, who got to work on the homes there with a pair of pliers and a blow torch? Did he get medieval on their asses - literally?

His prisons do get medieval on their asses.

Viking

At least the Crac got to come out of retirement for one more bloody battle and it wasn't fatal.

Well, if the Crac was ever going to be destroyed it's good that it was destroyed in a battle between two separate group of murderous religious fanatics.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

Quote from: Viking on April 02, 2014, 07:20:15 PM

Well, i he Crac was ever going to be destroyed it's good that it was destroyed in a battle between two separate group of murderous religious fanatics.

It is a little worse for the wear but it still stands.  But yes it was a fitting use for the old fortress.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Caught part of a AJ documentary about the fighting in Aleppo.

The rebels drag a number of bodies out of the river , the next shot is of the bodies in the back of a pickup and people gathered around.

One of the men is understandably enraged and shouts to the camera,

"Look, these are human beings" (gesturing towards the pile of bodies)

"The Jews and the Infidels, wouldn't have done that"

"Where are you Arabs, Presidents, Emirs,  Liars!"

"We are being killed by the Alawis, who do not fear God"

I don't think there's even a least worst outcome left in Syria. However it ends will be utterly dreadful, full scale massacres and ethnic slaughter/flight reminiscent of events in Turkey during and after WW1.

On seconds thoughts, maybe if Assad wins, the Syrian people will only have to endure one of the worst terrors of the last 100 years?

Syria seems that bleak.

"The Alawi
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Monoriu

I have totally forgotten that there is a war going on there.  The local media has stopped reporting on Syria since many months ago.  Languish is basically my only source of news on this. 

derspiess

Quote from: mongers on April 01, 2014, 07:34:38 PM
More quality reporting about Syria from Channel 4 -

Three reports worth watching firstly from Homs about the 1000 remainding holdout rebels.
Next surprising inside access to Hizbullah's war in Syria and the ramifications/war spilling into Lebanon.
The last item is the story of a British muslim activist driving an ambulance in Aleppo.

http://www.channel4.com/news/catch-up/

You overdid it, Homs :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Monoriu on August 26, 2014, 08:01:06 AM
I have totally forgotten that there is a war going on there.  The local media has stopped reporting on Syria since many months ago.  Languish is basically my only source of news on this.
You're not getting any news about ISIS in Hong Kong? They've taken over a third of the country.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Quote from: mongers on August 26, 2014, 07:48:07 AM
One of the men is understandably enraged and shouts to the camera,

"Look, these are human beings" (gesturing towards the pile of bodies)

"The Jews and the Infidels, wouldn't have done that"
The story left out of this is how this man was converted to a body after saying such a thing.

Maximus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 26, 2014, 08:16:38 AM
You're not getting any news about ISIS in Hong Kong? They've taken over a third of the country.
I must have been sleeping when they overran Iran, Afghanistan and mainland PRC.

Monoriu

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 26, 2014, 08:16:38 AM

There is news about ISIS and Iraq, and the beheading of the American.  Nothing on Syria though.

Syt

ISIS? Part of a Western plot to destroy Russia!

http://rt.com/politics/202499-islamic-state-sponsors-russian/

QuoteWestern special services might be behind ISIS terrorists – intelligence veteran

The leaders of Islamic terrorists could be under the direct influence of NATO and Western powers using their movements to threaten Russia's territorial integrity, says a former general of Russian military intelligence service.

"There are some grounds to suspect that American and British special services could support the Islamic extremists in order to target the territorial integrity of the Russian Federation," Lieutenant-General Nikolai Pushkaryov, formerly of the Central Intelligence Directorate of the Russian General Staff said in an interview with the RIA-Novosti news agency. "The top of these movements can be under the influence of NATO agents," he added.

The general also commented on the statement by the head of the Chechen Republic, Ramzan Kadyrov, who promised to destroy any Islamic terrorist who voiced threats against Russia. Kadyrov also told reporters that Chechen special services intended to hunt down and kill Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi – the head of the Islamic State group (also known as ISIL and ISIS), adding that this man had been recruited to work for the US by General David Petraeus, the former director of the CIA, and former commander of coalition forces in Iraq and Afghanistan. Back then, Kadyrov claimed the Islamic State "was acting on orders from the West and Europe."

Pushkaryov said in his interview that he took Kadyrov's words very seriously and believed that the head of the Chechen Republic could bring his plans to fruition. "I have a great respect towards Ramzan Kadyrov. If he and his men want to find this man, they would be capable of doing it," he stated.

The head of Russia's Federal Security Service, Aleksandr Bortnikov named the Islamic State as a primary threat at the meeting of the heads of special services of the CIS states on Wednesday.

Bortnikov said that IS terrorists receive combat training and experience in Iraq and Syria and then return to their home countries, including the CIS nations, as instructors, recruiters and experts in the terrorist underground. He added that the Taliban and other radical groups in Afghanistan and Pakistan were ready to adopt these methods and this carried additional threats to the CIS countries.

Russia has acknowledged the threat that comes from the Islamic State and promised to support countries and groups fighting against the organization. However, when in September US Secretary of State John Kerry said that in his view Russia must join the international fight against the IS terrorists, the head of the Russian Foreign Ministry's Department for New Challenges and Threats, Ilya Rogachev, said that the country "did not expect any invitations and was not going to buy entry tickets," into the US-led anti-IS coalition. Rogachev added that Russia was ready to help all IS opponents, including members of the coalition being formed by the US, but under the condition that they stop using double standards and remain within the framework of international law.

:bleeding:  :rolleyes: :tinfoil:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grinning_Colossus

I recently had a discussion with a Russian who believed that. Now I know where it came from.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Warspite

The idea of ISIS as a Western conspiracy is quite widespread in the Middle East.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Tamas

Quote from: Warspite on November 06, 2014, 04:33:07 AM
The idea of ISIS as a Western conspiracy is quite widespread in the Middle East.

Tell me a single problem in the Middle East which is not blamed on the West and/or the Jews.