News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Syria Disintegrating: Part 2

Started by jimmy olsen, May 22, 2012, 01:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

We will be concerned when the Russian Navy begins shelling Istanbul. Probably by driving the rusty hulks of its ships into its harbor.
PDH!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

If this civil war does anything for Israel, it's that no one is going to be bitching about the Golan heights for a long time.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on October 17, 2012, 09:01:38 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 17, 2012, 08:59:25 AM
Helicopter blown to smithereens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTmRZn98XxI

Those guys only know like two words
Yeah, we need to make any assistance to them conditional upon them coming up with something else to say.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Seriously, though, I wonder how much support this is costing them.  I'm sure that a number of initially sympathetic people are repulsed once they see these videos, because frankly Western people aren't very understanding when hearing non-stop chants of Allahu Akbar.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: DGuller on October 17, 2012, 10:17:07 AM
Seriously, though, I wonder how much support this is costing them.  I'm sure that a number of initially sympathetic people are repulsed once they see these videos, because frankly Western people aren't very understanding when hearing non-stop chants of Allahu Akbar.

and rightfully so, only primitives constantly call out for the gods/spirits/gnomes/etc.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on October 17, 2012, 12:14:50 PM

and rightfully so, only primitives constantly call out for the gods/spirits/gnomes/etc.

We've evolved into calling out for the names of sports teams.

derspiess

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 17, 2012, 03:55:41 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on October 17, 2012, 12:14:50 PM

We've evolved into calling out for the names of sports teams.

Hmm.  Maybe we could pay them to yell "Steelers suck!!!" on youtube videos when they blow up a tank or shoot down a chopper.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 17, 2012, 03:57:50 PM
Hmm.  Maybe we could pay them to yell "Steelers suck!!!" on youtube videos when they blow up a tank or shoot down a chopper.

Kenny Anderson Ackbar!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Is that Tom Hanks's character from Cast Away?