News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Syria Disintegrating: Part 2

Started by jimmy olsen, May 22, 2012, 01:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

There is no god, allah is dead. Muhammed was a alcholic wife beating asshole.

:ph34r:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

Allah just pervades a lot of every day sayings without necessarily having a religious connotation.  Getting a train in Morocco I asked when it would leave to see if I had time to get some food, the guard told me 1230 inshallah.  He didn't literally mean 'God-willing', that's just what you say in Arabic (Muslim or Christian) - similarly phrases like alhamdulillah.

But then you don't have to dig too far into English to find similar things like 'God bless you' when someone sneezes.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Mo Mo liked to hit the sauce hard*?  I've never heard that.

*(Mo Mo aimait boire beaucoup?)

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 17, 2012, 10:58:22 AM
Mo Mo liked to hit the sauce hard*?  I've never heard that.

*(Mo Mo aimait boire beaucoup?)

Muslim can't drink? Why not? Because Mo was a recovering alcoholic.

It's just hate logic, I have no idea how true that is but it doesn't matter.

DGuller

Any updates on how the Syrian rebels view Allah?

Viking

Islam is Occasionalist, meaning that they don't think things have causes, God does shit. The bomb doesn't explode because you pushed the button, you push the button as a prayer to god hoping that god will explode the bomb. That is why everything is god willing this and god willing that. Chanting God is Great while waiting for the timer to reach zero is an appeal to Gods vanity, blasphemous I know, but they still do it.

This is one of the primary reasons the muslim world is fucked up. They don't think that the effects have causes other than the will of god. You didn't get fat because you ate cake all day everyday, god made you fat. The same thing goes for politics, business and life in general.

This naturally doesn't mean that they don't see cause and effect in their daily life, they just ignore attempting to analyze and deal with causes as much as possible. They know driving into a wall causes a crash, so they try to avoid hitting walls, but since inshallah god decides who dies in traffic accidents they don't use seat belts.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on July 17, 2012, 11:34:09 AM
Any updates on how the Syrian rebels view Allah?

The Syrian Rebels love allah more than the government allies.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 17, 2012, 10:45:00 AM
Yes, God certainly is great.  But there's no harm in sometimes saying instead, "Nice shot, Hamid!"

Heh, I lol'd.

Of course, it was only through the good grace and guidance of Allah who was with Hamid when he scored the kill, you know.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Viking on July 17, 2012, 11:40:11 AM
Islam is Occasionalist,

interesting.
And yet another proof that philosophers sometimes come with the craziest shit possible... and can get people to believe it to their and others detriment.

Ed Anger

I'm sorta hoping Bashir goes out in a blaze of glory. Pearl handled pistol in one hand, and a some sarin in the other.

TV HAS BEEN BORING
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on July 17, 2012, 01:05:23 PM
Quote from: Viking on July 17, 2012, 11:40:11 AM
Islam is Occasionalist,

interesting.
And yet another proof that philosophers sometimes come with the craziest shit possible... and can get people to believe it to their and others detriment.

Yes, and in this case they actually believe this shit. We were fortunate to have Newton and Theologians clever enough to invent the watchmaker god that just wrote the laws of nature creating the clockwork universe newtons laws describe. The muslims are trapped by their 'infallible' and 'perfect' book. God wrote their book word by word so none of it is allegory and none of it is metaphor (which christian theologians have used for generations to ignore bits of the bible with either conflict with other bits, are blatantly untrue or immoral). The Koran defines god pretty specifically, he does this, he does that etc. Basically everything that happens is a miracle because it is done by god, there is not space for science or responsibility even in this view of reality.

Ed Anger

QuoteThe drought in southern Iran is part of a "soft war" launched against the Islamic republic by the West, the Fars news agency quoted an Iranian vice president as saying on Monday.

"I am suspicious about the drought in the southern part of the country," Hassan Mousavi, who also heads Iran's cultural heritage and tourism organisation, said at a ceremony to introdue the nation's new chief of meteorological department.

"The world arrogance and colonist (term used by Iranian authorities to label the West) are influencing Iran's climate conditions using technology... The drought is an acute issue and soft war is completely evident... This level of drought is not normal."

Iran has experienced several droughts in recent years, especially in the south where it was hit in recent weeks by violent sand storms that engulfed several cities.

Sand storms particularly enter Iran from neighbouring Iraq where desertification has increased over the last two decades due to wars.

Last year, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad accused Western countries of devising plans to "cause drought" in Iran, adding that "European countries are using special equipment to force clouds to dump" their water on their continent.

Iranian leaders claim on a daily basis that Western countries, led by arch-foe the United States, devise "plots" in many forms to undermine the Islamic republic and to impede its economic and scientific development.

They also accuse world powers of colluding against Iran's national unity, independence, political establishment, culture as well as international relations.

:whistle:

Grey Fox

I'm pretty sure England would be willing to share some clouds with Iran.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 17, 2012, 01:06:34 PM
I'm sorta hoping Bashir goes out in a blaze of glory. Pearl handled pistol in one hand, and a some sarin in the other.

TV HAS BEEN BORING

Martin Bashir is made of stuff too strong for that.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 17, 2012, 01:29:52 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 17, 2012, 01:06:34 PM

TV HAS BEEN BORING

Martin Bashir is made of stuff too strong for that.

Flag Code Bashir is gonna go out with a strap on in his ass hanging from a  motel 6 celing fan.

I await that day