News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Syria Disintegrating: Part 2

Started by jimmy olsen, May 22, 2012, 01:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 26, 2017, 11:54:10 PM
QuoteSyria Will 'Pay a Heavy Price' for Another Chemical Attack, White House Says
By MICHAEL D. SHEAR, HELENE COOPER and ERIC SCHMITT
The Failing New York Times
JUNE 26, 2017

This outer borough mouthbreathing monkey is going to get us in a shooting war with Russia and Iran, if only because it's the opposite of Obama's Syria policy.   :lol:

Now that isn't helpful in reconciling the parties. Quit hurting 'Murica
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Grinning_Colossus

TASS reports that an Iraqi TV station has reported that some ISIS dudes said that al-Baghdadi is dead.

http://tass.com/world/955752
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

CountDeMoney

Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Trump Ends Covert CIA Program to Arm Anti-Assad Rebels in Syria

QuotePresident Trump has decided to end the CIA's covert program to arm and train moderate Syrian rebels battling the government of Bashar al-Assad, a move long sought by Russia, according to U.S. officials.

The program was a central plank of a policy begun by the Obama administration in 2013 to put pressure on Assad to step aside, but even its backers have questioned its efficacy since Russia deployed forces in Syria two years later.

Officials said the phasing out of the secret program reflects Trump's interest in finding ways to work with Russia, which saw the anti-Assad program as an assault on its interests. The shuttering of the program is also an acknowledgment of Washington's limited leverage and desire to remove Assad from power.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 19, 2017, 06:32:14 PM
Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Trump Ends Covert CIA Program to Arm Anti-Assad Rebels in Syria

QuotePresident Trump has decided to end the CIA's covert program to arm and train moderate Syrian rebels battling the government of Bashar al-Assad, a move long sought by Russia, according to U.S. officials.

The program was a central plank of a policy begun by the Obama administration in 2013 to put pressure on Assad to step aside, but even its backers have questioned its efficacy since Russia deployed forces in Syria two years later.

Officials said the phasing out of the secret program reflects Trump's interest in finding ways to work with Russia, which saw the anti-Assad program as an assault on its interests. The shuttering of the program is also an acknowledgment of Washington's limited leverage and desire to remove Assad from power.

Is this the one being run from Northern Jordan, with their active support and the Israelis turning very blind eyes too?

Or was is this the cock-up that was the Iblib province affair?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

citizen k

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-backed-kurds-release-video-221907876.html

US-backed Kurdish fighters battling ISIS in Syria released a video on Saturday showing their fighters destroying a tank being used by Turkish-backed rebels in northwest Syria, Military Times first reported.

I guess they were taking a break from fighting ISIS.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: citizen k on August 08, 2017, 02:15:18 PM

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-backed-kurds-release-video-221907876.html

US-backed Kurdish fighters battling ISIS in Syria released a video on Saturday showing their fighters destroying a tank being used by Turkish-backed rebels in northwest Syria, Military Times first reported.

I guess they were taking a break from fighting ISIS.

given the support Turkey gave IS one can wonder if it's possible to speak of a break at all...

Valmy

We really need to stop 'backing' people.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on August 12, 2017, 09:10:06 PM
We really need to stop 'backing' people.

How about 'fronting' people instead; that's working out so well for the Donald.  :P

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Heart broken,photo of 4 years child who is migrating from Syria to Jordan, the UNHCR team caught him when he was migrating alone in desert from Syria to Jordan. the only thing he had in his shopper were the clothes of his mom and sister,who killed in Syria.

Berkut

If only they had a wall, these kind of problems would not occur.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jacob

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on March 03, 2018, 07:54:47 PM
That's heartbreaking.

C'est la guerre. :(

And it just goes on and on.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Likely has a block of C4 in the bag too.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive