News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Syria Disintegrating: Part 2

Started by jimmy olsen, May 22, 2012, 01:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on December 16, 2016, 07:06:07 AM
I hate playing on Ottoman side in BF1. I will understand the in game shoutes/emotes from German, Austrian, English, and American soldiers, and with Italians I can usually guesstimate what they're saying.

But with the Turks? "Is he throwing a band aid, asking for ammo, or telling us the position of a sniper?"  :huh:

I can't kill anybody on horseback with my sword.  I just score roadkills with the horse.  :lol: :(

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 16, 2016, 07:17:04 AM
I can't kill anybody on horseback with my sword.  I just score roadkills with the horse.  :lol: :(

I kill horses with motorcycles. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on December 16, 2016, 07:08:22 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 16, 2016, 06:29:10 AM
That's just a pic of a homegrown radical Islamic terrorist.

Well, it is getting increasingly hard to argue that the Entente victory in WW1, the way they handled the Middle East in particular, was a disaster, and should have never happened.
I have a feeling that this is about to come up for a renegotiation, the whole thing.  Too many pent up tensions everywhere.

Valmy

Well, it is getting increasingly hard to argue that the Entente victory in WW1, the way they handled the Middle East in particular, was a disaster, and should have never happened.

Oh was it the Entente who brought the Ottoman Empire into the war and encouraged them to declare world wide jihad?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2016, 09:53:05 AM

Oh was it the Entente who brought the Ottoman Empire into the war and encouraged them to declare world wide jihad?

:rolleyes:

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on December 16, 2016, 10:06:35 AM
Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2016, 09:53:05 AM

:rolleyes:

All I am saying is it was not like the Central Powers showed themselves to be wiser or more farseeing. The Western Powers were doomed to fuck up the Middle East as soon as we got our mitts on it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

:secret: mongers posted the map, not Obama  :secret:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Syt on December 31, 2016, 04:39:16 AM

Just who or what is 'mongers'?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on December 31, 2016, 04:39:16 AM

That's my Yi-esque nickname for mongers.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

So, Lindsay Lohan met with Erdogan to discuss Syrian refugees. :mellow:

http://www.vulture.com/2017/01/lindsay-lohan-meets-with-the-president-of-turkey.html?mid=facebook_nymag

QuoteWe're pleased to inform you that Lindsay Lohan — of Mean Girls and Get a Clue fame — met with Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan yesterday in Istanbul to reportedly have a wide-ranging discussion about the current plight of Syrian refugees. Also accompanying them was the Turkish First Lady Emine Erdoğan and Syrian refugee Bana Alabed, who shot to fame by tweeting the difficulties her and her mother faced during the siege of Aleppo. "What a dream it is for Mr. President Erdogan and The First Lady to invite me to their home," Lohan wrote on her Instagram page. "Their efforts in helping Syrian Refugees is truly inspiring, #peace starts now." In an additional statement to Turkey's Andalou Agency, she elaborated a bit further on the reasons behind the meeting: "This is why I underlined the statement 'the world is bigger than five.' Five big nations made promises but they did not keep them. There are some who are afraid to come Turkey due to the disinformation about it but I feel very much at ease." Lohan has taken a keen interest in Islam in recent years, and has volunteered in Turkey numerous times to help the country's refugee children. Expect to find out more about it in her upcoming book, probably.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

They can keep her. A gift for the Sultan's harem.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on January 28, 2017, 05:23:37 PM
So, Lindsay Lohan met with Erdogan to discuss Syrian refugees. :mellow:

State Department is a bit short-handed this week.