News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Syria Disintegrating: Part 2

Started by jimmy olsen, May 22, 2012, 01:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

citizen k

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: derspiess on April 06, 2017, 03:30:45 PM
FFS what do we have to gain?

Why don't you want to accomplish a mission?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Trump attacks Assad!

QuoteBREAKING: The U.S. has launched a missile strike on a Syrian military airfield where the gas attack is believed to have originated

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-launches-missiles-syrian-base-after-chemical-weapons-attack-n743636?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

QuoteThe United States launched dozens of cruise missiles Thursday night at a Syrian airfield in response to what it believes was the Syrian government's use of banned chemical weapons blamed for having killed at least 100 people on Tuesday, U.S. military officials told NBC News.

Two U.S. warships in the Mediterranean Sea fired at least 50 Tomahawk missiles intended for a single target — Ash Sha'irat in Homs province in western Syria, the officials said. That's the airfield from which the United States believes the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad fired the banned weapons.

There was no immediate word on casualties. U.S. officials told NBC News that people were not targeted and that aircraft and infrastructure at the site, including the runway, were hit.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Nikki Haley, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, have bluntly blamed Syria for the chemical weapons attack, whose victims included at least 25 children.

Tillerson told reporters on Thursday that "there is no doubt in our minds" that the Syrian regime was responsible for the attack. And in a combative speech at the U.N. Security Council on Wednesday, Haley warned: "When the United Nations consistently fails in its duty to act collectively, there are times in the life of states that we are compelled to take our own action."

NBC News reported Thursday that Defense Secretary James Mattis briefed President Donald Trump on U.S. military options, which included carrying out targeted strikes against those responsible for Tuesday's attack.

There was no immediate reaction from Russia, which Tillerson and Haley have accused of turning a blind eye to Syria's transgressions.

"Russia cannot escape responsibility for this," Haley said at the United Nations. "They chose to close their eyes to the barbarity. They defied the conscience of the world."

Thursday, Tillerson urged Russia to "consider carefully their continued support of the Assad regime."

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 06, 2017, 01:50:16 AM

I'm very skeptical that he will or can make any heel face turn on Assad, however he's so erratic I can't rule it out.

Well I was wrong. After a year of backing Assad, he turns on him as soon as he did something bad that he's been doing for five years.

I can't condemn a president for punishing someone for gassing civilians, but I don't really see how this is going to lead to a stable situation.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Fate

Why do we shrug our shoulders about the 500k+ who have died in the civil war and get all up in arms about sarin killing a handful of people? Sure, let's flush 70.5 million dollars in tomahawk missles down the drain when we're about to massively gut the budget of the state department. Meh...

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

I wonder how many Russians got killed.

Ed Anger

katmai

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on April 06, 2017, 08:54:36 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 06, 2017, 08:41:45 PM
I have ordered Papa John's.
NOW I HAVE A BONER.

EXTRA GARLIC BUTTER FOR MY HISPANIC FRIEND! 5 TUBS!

katmai