Worst Parent of the Week: Dad Puts Toddler in Washing Machine and Turns it On

Started by jimmy olsen, May 21, 2012, 06:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

WTF is wrong with people!? :bleeding:

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/worst-parent-week-dad-puts-toddler-washing-machine-183500809.html
QuoteWorst Parent of the Week: Dad Puts Toddler in Washing Machine and Turns it On

By Lylah M. Alphonse, Senior Editor, Yahoo! Shine | Parenting – 4 hours ago

There's no way to know what the parents were thinking. Maybe they were trying to scare their kid into good behavior. Maybe they were just goofing around. Maybe they thought it would be funny -- there's a large sign hanging above the machines, saying "Junior Wash: $2.95." Whatever it was, it could have easily ended in tragedy.

In the silent footage from the laundromat's security camera, the dad scoops up the diaper-clad toddler, shoves him head first into the front-loading washer, and shuts the door. He and the mom seem amused at first, but panic quickly sets in when they realize that they can't get the washer door open. It's locked automatically, and the tot is trapped inside as the washer starts to run. (Warning: The video is disturbing).

The toddler tumbles helplessly, trapped in the machine, water pouring in, while the parents struggle with the locked door and then search for help. Finally, an attendant runs over and disables the machine. It takes a few more seconds to get the door open and the child out.

There have been several recent reports about kids dying after getting trapped in a washing machine -- in March, 18-month-old Ollie Hebb drowned in a washing machine accident, and a 3-year-old was killed in France after his father put him in one and turned it on to punish him. The child in this video suffered a few bumps and bruises and is fine, according to the person who posted the clip -- at least, as fine as one can be living with parents who think it's funny to stick kids in washing machines. No word on whether the parents will be investigated for, well, anything.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 21, 2012, 07:03:36 PM
But you need to pass a test to get a license to drive.
cars cost money to replace. You can replace babies for free.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on May 21, 2012, 07:04:47 PM

Who delivers babies for free? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on May 21, 2012, 07:05:23 PM

if you want to get all fancy with epidurals. But that's like rims on a car. Extra costs. All you need to do is take  a squat like  our dear old ancestors :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

CountDeMoney

Nobody now, not with the cost of gas going up.  Delivery surcharges get tacked on.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on May 21, 2012, 07:09:17 PM

if you want to get all fancy with epidurals. But that's like rims on a car. Extra costs. All you need to do is take  a squat like  our dear old ancestors :P

Yeah and then die like our ancient mothers often did.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

It wasn't the birthing, it was the septic shock. Get a paper cut back then and it was 50/50 too. Antibiotics are cheap now a days anyway.

sbr

Quote from: HVC on May 21, 2012, 07:26:30 PM
It wasn't the birthing, it was the septic shock. Get a paper cut back then and it was 50/50 too. Antibiotics are cheap now a days anyway.

But not free. :contract:

CountDeMoney

Obviously they didn't run the washing machine long enough to wash the black off.  LOLZ GET IT?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

I hope COngress acts now to pass some laws about usage of these death machines.
PDH!

DGuller

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 21, 2012, 07:31:29 PM
Obviously they didn't run the washing machine long enough to wash the black off.  LOLZ GET IT?

No, I don't. :(