News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Zuckerberg gets married

Started by Martinus, May 20, 2012, 01:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

There is something freaky about this mugshot, don't you think? Would you describe their faces as "happy"?

Jaron

All the money in the world and he marries a chinaman?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Richard Hakluyt

Rabbits in headlights I thought  :huh:

They have been going out together for 9 years or so. I thought that might augur well for his/their future happiness, in that they fell for each other before he made his billions.

Phillip V

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 20, 2012, 01:18:22 PM
They have been going out together for 9 years or so. I thought that might augur well for his/their future happiness, in that they fell for each other before he made his billions.
That is usually the case for the average millionaire household in America. The couple meet before they become wealthy (usually in school or hometown), and their relationship/support for each other provides the secure foundation on which their later wealth is built.

Our relationships are the most important predictor of our future health, wealth, and happiness...

HVC

Quote from: Martinus on May 20, 2012, 01:14:54 PM

There is something freaky about this mugshot, don't you think? Would you describe their faces as "happy"?
She's looks like she's thinking "god damn prenup" :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: Phillip V on May 20, 2012, 01:21:59 PM
That is usually the case for the average millionaire household in America. The couple meet before they become wealthy (usually in school or hometown), and their relationship/support for each other provides the secure foundation on which their later wealth is built.

Our relationships are the most important predictor of our future health, wealth, and happiness...

Thanks, Dr. Phil.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

explain trophy wives then? :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Richard Hakluyt

While I agree with ......um......Dr. Phil..........in general that is, I wouldn't describe the couple in question as an "average millionaire household"  :hmm:

Phillip V

Quote from: HVC on May 20, 2012, 01:27:54 PM
Quote from: Martinus on May 20, 2012, 01:14:54 PM

She's looks like she's thinking "god damn prenup" :lol:
IIRC, California divorce laws are liberal about splitting assets, so she should come away with several billion dollars should the worst occur. But Zuckerburg is a strong, long-term commitment guy, so I think he knows what he's doing about currently putting up to $10 billion on the table for their marriage.

Phillip V

Quote from: HVC on May 20, 2012, 01:32:12 PM

explain trophy wives then? :lol:
Average spouse in a millionaire household is not a trophy wife. In fact among millionaire business owning households, they are more likely to be a business partner. After all, you know and trust your spouse the most.

Don't get caught up in reality TV and media focus on "celebrity millionaires" and megamillionaires.

Richard Hakluyt

If we literally mean households that have wealth of $1m or so then we are talking about a substantial slice of society. An accountant and a teacher get married, if they stick together for 30 years they are likely to be worth $1m.

Phillip V

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 20, 2012, 01:40:21 PM
If we literally mean households that have wealth of $1m or so then we are talking about a substantial slice of society. An accountant and a teacher get married, if they stick together for 30 years they are likely to be worth $1m.

Precisely. After all, having a high income does not mean you are wealthy, as you might do the American thing and spend it all + debt.

CountDeMoney

Oh, bullshit.  Stop huffing paint.

Razgovory

Marty is really pulling a Tim lately.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

Quote from: Razgovory on May 20, 2012, 03:56:57 PM
Marty is really pulling a Tim lately.

That just sounds gross, and I may well put you on ignore.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM