And we're back!

Main Menu

Eurovision 2012

Started by Martinus, May 17, 2012, 05:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Quote from: Martinus on May 17, 2012, 06:42:44 AM
This Saturday is the finals.
No it isn't, it's next Saturday. Better rearrange that party!

No news from the usual suspects for our regular Eurovision shenanigans. I may offer up my gaffe, but these days the child-owners tend to win.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Gups

May turn it on for the voting so I can bore my son about European relations. Otherwise not interested at all.

Maladict

The Dutch entry is some hippie in a Pocahontas costume  :bleeding:
She actually had an explanation for it, but I switched channels just in time.

Syt

This literally had me in stitches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKNRGc71hjc&list=PL78E2A578122E10B1&index=36&feature=plpp_video

:lmfao:

Of course I can't see how those lovely grannies can NOT win, so it's a cunning Russian plan.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: Maladict on May 17, 2012, 09:05:51 AM

She would have done fine in 1972.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

Quote from: Brazen on May 17, 2012, 07:55:15 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 17, 2012, 06:42:44 AM
This Saturday is the finals.
No it isn't, it's next Saturday. Better rearrange that party!

No news from the usual suspects for our regular Eurovision shenanigans. I may offer up my gaffe, but these days the child-owners tend to win.

It is hard to get the date right when he is trying to act all superior to us Languish peons. Caviar.  :rolleyes:

And the OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ music playing 24/7 in his flat doesn't help.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

It's fun how Russia has, in five years, gone from:

to:

And I find it amusing that Turkey is sending a Sephardic Jew who I strongly suspect to be gay.
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Fucking Marti, full of fail as always.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: Maladict on May 17, 2012, 09:05:51 AM

The Dutch really have to stop gloating over buying Manhattan for two bags of marbles.  I know you love a great realestate deal but come on.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Fail. Party postponed.  :lol:

Faggots coming over tomorrow instead for the weekly wine and cheese.

Syt

Still, I think the best Eurovision period was in the 70s. From the 12 contests 1970 through 1981 I recognize 8 winners ("All Kinds of Everything", "Un banc, un arbre, une rue", "Waterloo", "Ding-A-Dong", "Save Your Kisses for Me", "Hallelujah", "What's Another Year?", "Making Your Mind Up"). Plus, there's memorable runners up ("Beg, Steal, Or Borrow", "Jack In The Box", "Power To All Our Friends", "Un, Deux, Trois", ...).

Of the past 12 contests from 2000 through 2011 only two winners stood out to me ("Wild Dances", "Hard Rock Hallelujah").
—Stephen Jay Gould

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Syt on May 17, 2012, 09:10:23 AM
It's fun how Russia has, in five years, gone from:

to:

And I find it amusing that Turkey is sending a Sephardic Jew who I strongly suspect to be gay.

The bad thing about Russian women is that the women in the second pic are only 15 years older than the ones in the first  :(

Richard Hakluyt

The Turks are getting pretty mellow nowadays; aside from the call to prayer I couldn't see much of a social difference between Istanbul and Athens.

Needless to say, never say that to a Greek or a Turk  :lol: