Will women finally determine presidential vote?

Started by jimmy olsen, May 14, 2012, 11:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Damn. I thought for sure that I would finally matter.  :(
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

Quote from: merithyn on May 16, 2012, 10:50:33 PM
And probably more than I can bare to think about at all.

BTW, do you always strip to think? :unsure:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

It frightens me to think that there actually are women out there like that. :(

Women who grew up in corrupt Latin American political systems and are therefore so disillusioned with politics that they are decidedly apolitical?  Yeah, there are women like that out there ;)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 16, 2012, 11:13:27 PM
If Spiess wants to pay me fifty bucks, he can have my vote too.  :)

I'll extend the same deal to you & offer you a pair of women's shoes in exchange for your vote.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Yeah well she is not from the US so I wouldn't despair for your gender.   It is not like tons of men do not have far worse methods of determining who to vote for.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on May 18, 2012, 09:12:30 AM

Yeah well she is not from the US so I wouldn't despair for your gender.   It is not like tons of men do not have far worse methods of determining who to vote for.

Lots of them simply ask their wife who's she's voting for and do the opposite. I know five or six guys who do that.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 18, 2012, 11:02:08 AM
Lots of them simply ask their wife who's she's voting for and do the opposite. I know five or six guys who do that.

Hilarious-- never heard of any guy doing that myself. 

I used to send a voting guide out to my family as well as my brother's in-laws, but found out that it wasn't necessary since all nine of us vote identically anyway.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: derspiess on May 18, 2012, 11:21:42 AM

I used to send a voting guide out to my family as well as my brother's in-laws, but found out that it wasn't necessary since all nine of us vote identically anyway.
the only thing left is bullying from the pulpit :p

derspiess

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on May 18, 2012, 01:58:54 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 18, 2012, 11:21:42 AM

the only thing left is bullying from the pulpit :p

Nah, I only bug family & close friends about politics.