Lincoln Nebraska proposed LGBT protection ordinance

Started by garbon, May 11, 2012, 08:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

http://www.wtsp.com/news/watercooler/article/254946/58/Womans-bizarre-testimony-over-citys-fairness-amendment

QuoteLincoln, Nebraska -- While dozens of people testified for or against a proposed ordinance that would extend anti-bias protections to gay and transgender people in Lincoln, one woman's particularly strange statement is making waves online.

The speakers shared their views on the so-called "fairness amendment" Monday at a public hearing before the City Council. The measure would protect gay and transgender people from discrimination in employment, housing and public accommodations in the state's capital city.

The Rev. Nancy Erickson of First-Plymouth Congregational Church says lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people are forced to live double lives because their livelihoods depend "upon them keeping a secret."

But Dave Gehrls, speaking for an Omaha-based ministry, said the measure discriminates against people of faith "who cannot live their faith in their businesses."

The local debate got national attention, however, due to the testimony of one person's comments. Video of the remarks have gone viral online.

A woman who identified herself as Jane Skrovata took the microphone at one point and for five minutes read non-stop from a rambling statement that often went off on strange tangents.

Objecting to the proposed ordinance, Skrovata gave numerous reasons that often made little, if any, sense:

"P-E-N-I-S goes into the anus to rupture intestines. The more a man does this the more he'll be a fatality or a homicider."
    "Candida fungus grows hugely on a corpse. AIDS is a candida fungus disease."
    "Hillary Clinton's roommate four years in college was a gay woman. To avoid going gay like Clinton did, college students need single rooms and single gender dorms... A college woman is seduced with illegal Rohypnol to go gay."
    "Gays can transform to be celibate to live to be 80 years old."

The council is scheduled to vote on the measure next week.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

garbon

garbon

garbon

Btw I like this from the serious discussion on the ordinance:
QuoteBut Dave Gehrls, speaking for an Omaha-based ministry, said the measure discriminates against people of faith "who cannot live their faith in their businesses."

Is discrimination really a central tenet to Christianity?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 11, 2012, 08:09:18 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 11, 2012, 08:08:09 PM
LGBT :huh:

Lesbian
Gay
Bi
Trans

I THINK.

They really need to drop that "Bi" shit.  What a fucking cop-out.  OOOH OOOH I NEED LEGAL STANDING SO I CAN SUCK COCK WITHOUT THE WIFE KNOWING

garbon

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on May 11, 2012, 08:11:17 PM
http://www.wtsp.com/news/watercooler/article/254946/58/Womans-bizarre-testimony-over-citys-fairness-amendment

QuoteLincoln, Nebraska -- While dozens of people testified for or against a proposed ordinance that would extend anti-bias protections to gay and transgender people in Lincoln, one woman's particularly strange statement is making waves online.

The speakers shared their views on the so-called "fairness amendment" Monday at a public hearing before the City Council. The measure would protect gay and transgender people from discrimination in employment, housing and public accommodations in the state's capital city.

The Rev. Nancy Erickson of First-Plymouth Congregational Church says lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people are forced to live double lives because their livelihoods depend "upon them keeping a secret."

But Dave Gehrls, speaking for an Omaha-based ministry, said the measure discriminates against people of faith "who cannot live their faith in their businesses."

The local debate got national attention, however, due to the testimony of one person's comments. Video of the remarks have gone viral online.

A woman who identified herself as Jane Skrovata took the microphone at one point and for five minutes read non-stop from a rambling statement that often went off on strange tangents.

Objecting to the proposed ordinance, Skrovata gave numerous reasons that often made little, if any, sense:

"P-E-N-I-S goes into the anus to rupture intestines. The more a man does this the more he'll be a fatality or a homicider."
    "Candida fungus grows hugely on a corpse. AIDS is a candida fungus disease."
    "Hillary Clinton's roommate four years in college was a gay woman. To avoid going gay like Clinton did, college students need single rooms and single gender dorms... A college woman is seduced with illegal Rohypnol to go gay."
    "Gays can transform to be celibate to live to be 80 years old."

The council is scheduled to vote on the measure next week.

She is either a very poor writer and is reading exactly what she wrote, or she's schizophrenic.  Looks like a thought disorder.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

She could be a false flag by the LGBT peoples.  Probably Tomcat.
PDH!