Six-term Senate veteran Lugar defeated in Indiana GOP primary

Started by jimmy olsen, May 08, 2012, 07:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 09, 2012, 08:54:26 AM
He also said that the only bipartisanship he believes in is when Democrats agree with his point of view.   That's just super.

I saw his interview with John King on CNN.  As usual you're placing far too many eggs into the desert dish.

Side question for CNN watchers: do you think John King's banter with that blonde cutie is charming or stalkerish and creepy?

alfred russel

Quote from: grumbler on May 09, 2012, 08:47:16 AM
I'd say the fact that Luger had to be brought out of retirement to provide a non-Tea-Party candidate kinda tells you how far gone the Republican party is in Indiana.

It isn't the most conservative state out there. If the party goes too far, the Democrats could pick up some seats.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 10, 2012, 08:48:52 AM
do you think John King's banter with that blonde cutie is charming or stalkerish and creepy?

Who is the "blond cutie"
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 10, 2012, 09:04:32 AM
Who is the "blond cutie"

I'm not very good with names.  The chick who comes on his show to do the daily news update.

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on May 10, 2012, 08:51:19 AM
Quote from: grumbler on May 09, 2012, 08:47:16 AM
I'd say the fact that Luger had to be brought out of retirement to provide a non-Tea-Party candidate kinda tells you how far gone the Republican party is in Indiana.

It isn't the most conservative state out there. If the party goes too far, the Democrats could pick up some seats.

It's a fairly conservative state.  GOP has the governor's office, both senators, 6 of 9 House seats, and control of state senate and house.

Having said that, it should be an interesting race.  Mourdock's opponent is a moderate Dem & seems to be pretty popular.

Now if Mourdock could only secure an endorsement from H.M. Murdoch, he'd win easily :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall