News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

May 9th Prediction: Obama or Romney?

Started by Jacob, May 09, 2012, 01:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you predict will win the 2012 US Presidential Election?

Obama will get re-elected
55 (83.3%)
Romney will be president
11 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on June 01, 2012, 01:54:33 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 01, 2012, 01:51:19 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 01, 2012, 01:48:04 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 01, 2012, 01:43:01 PM
What's wrong with good old-fashioned enumerators going door to door to create the voting list

You mean, other than the fact that I'm not likely to be home when they show up to register me?

They come in the evening, and they leave a card if you're not there.

Oh, great. Then I have to call them back, try to get a hold of someone and set another appointment. 

I'd prefer if we had a system where I can just check a box to register to vote when I get my driver's license.  OH WAIT, WE ALREADY HAVE THAT :D

Well up here the alternative is you can show up with picture ID, swear a declaration, and be given a ballot - even if you're not on the list.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 01, 2012, 01:51:01 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 01, 2012, 01:20:49 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 01, 2012, 01:16:27 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2012, 09:35:16 AM
Oh, bullshit.  Every company, once it figures out it can reduce its workforce and still see productivity, doesn't expand unless absolutely necessary.  Get rid of 15,000 jobs, and still see results? PROFIT!
Why don't more clever CEOs reduce their workforce to zero?
You must have missed the bolded part of the post.

I did not.  The bolded part and the part that precedes it are the crux of my response.

Can you see productivity with zero workforce?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on June 01, 2012, 02:16:43 PM
Well up here the alternative is you can show up with picture ID, swear a declaration, and be given a ballot - even if you're not on the list.

A lot of states have same-day registration as well.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on June 01, 2012, 02:17:39 PM

Of course not.  But Seedy apparently can.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 01, 2012, 02:19:20 PM

Hey, jobs shipped to China = zero American workforce.

And after posting an increase from 1Q2012 to 2Q2012, HP has no problem jettisoning 27,000 jobs to save $3.5 billyuns to increase shareholder value.

But I'm sure the irony of the layoffs announcement the same week as the $50,000-a-plate fundraiser for Mittens by HP CEO and fellow former Bain Capital co-worker Meg Whitman was just an extra special treat for your GOP jizz-stained shorts.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2012, 03:14:20 PM
And after posting an increase from 1Q2012 to 2Q2012, HP has no problem jettisoning 27,000 jobs to save $3.5 billyuns to increase shareholder value.

I should fucking hope so. If a company I owned shares in was paying 3.5 billion a year just to keep people on payroll I would want the CEO's head on a spike.

You know, if you want to live in a country that believes in make-work jobs for everyone, the lefty populist party looks set to win the election in Mexico.  And you'd have no problem passing.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 01, 2012, 03:21:10 PM
I should fucking hope so. If a company I owned shares in was paying 3.5 billion a year just to keep people on payroll I would want the CEO's head on a spike.

Then don't give me any shit about the private sector contracting for value, when it's precisely what they do.  Ergo, don't bitch about the fucking jobs.  Oh wait, you're not.  Lack of jobs is good for Mittens.

QuoteYou know, if you want to live in a country that believes in make-work jobs for everyone, the lefty populist party looks set to win the election in Mexico. And you'd have no problem passing.

But I don't even look Mexican.

:unsure:

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2012, 03:24:11 PM
Then don't give me any shit about the private sector contracting for value, when it's precisely what they do.  Ergo, don't bitch about the fucking jobs.  Oh wait, you're not.  Lack of jobs is good for Mittens.

I've never given you any shit about "the private sector contracting for value" and I never will, because it's one of those Mother Jones sound bytes that you think sounds really cool when you read it but which doesn't mean anything.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 01, 2012, 03:27:48 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2012, 03:24:11 PM

I've never given you any shit about "the private sector contracting for value" and I never will, because it's one of those Mother Jones sound bytes that you think sounds really cool when you read it but which doesn't mean anything.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  It's all about tax cuts and killing unions and getting the nigger out.  Save it for Tampa, Yibagger.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 01, 2012, 03:21:10 PM

You know, if you want to live in a country that believes in make-work jobs for everyone, the lefty populist party looks set to win the election in Mexico.  And you'd have no problem passing.

What if you were the employee?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 01, 2012, 02:19:20 PM

I didn't get that from his post.  How did you come to that conclusion from what he wrote in that post?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2012, 04:20:49 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah.  It's all about tax cuts and killing unions and getting the nigger out.  Save it for Tampa, Yibagger.

Oh no, clearly not.  It's all about the private sector contracting for value. :lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 01, 2012, 04:24:42 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2012, 04:20:49 PM

Oh no, clearly not.  It's all about the private sector contracting for value. :lol:

I'm not talking to you anymore today.

Razgovory

Now, now.  That's rude.  Don't make me put you on the list.