News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

May 9th Prediction: Obama or Romney?

Started by Jacob, May 09, 2012, 01:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you predict will win the 2012 US Presidential Election?

Obama will get re-elected
55 (83.3%)
Romney will be president
11 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 66

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 01, 2012, 09:30:36 AM
No, they're scared to expand, hire, invest, etc. because of the uncertain business climate fostered by your Prez who wants to raise taxes on TEH RICH, many of whom are small business owners.

Oh, bullshit.  Every company, once it figures out it can reduce its workforce and still see productivity, doesn't expand unless absolutely necessary.  Get rid of 15,000 jobs, and still see results? PROFIT!

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on June 01, 2012, 09:30:36 AM
No, they're scared to expand, hire, invest, etc. because of the uncertain business climate fostered by your Prez who wants to raise taxes on TEH RICH, many of whom are small business owners.
Really?  The world's largest market is on the edge of self-destruction.  The developing world's growth is rapidly slowing.  But the reason the business climate's uncertain is because Obama supports Clinton-era tax rates?

The comparison's never perfect but our economy's gone back into recession and businesses have huge stockpiles of cash right now.  We've got a government that's cutting corporate and income tax.
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 01, 2012, 10:10:12 AM
Really?  The world's largest market is on the edge of self-destruction.  The developing world's growth is rapidly slowing.  But the reason the business climate's uncertain is because Obama supports Clinton-era tax rates?

Going by his class warfare rhetoric, Obama seems to support much higher tax rates than that.  TEH RICH HAVE TO PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on June 01, 2012, 10:17:42 AMGoing by his class warfare rhetoric, Obama seems to support much higher tax rates than that.  TEH RICH HAVE TO PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE.
For a man who occasionally reads Granma you clearly don't know a great deal about class warfare :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Quote from: derspiess on June 01, 2012, 10:17:42 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on June 01, 2012, 10:10:12 AM

Going by his class warfare rhetoric, Obama seems to support much higher tax rates than that.  TEH RICH HAVE TO PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE.

Eisenhower: a fucking commie.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 01, 2012, 10:19:33 AM
Quote from: derspiess on June 01, 2012, 10:17:42 AMGoing by his class warfare rhetoric, Obama seems to support much higher tax rates than that.  TEH RICH HAVE TO PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE.
For a man who occasionally reads Granma you clearly don't know a great deal about class warfare :P

It's more subtle over here, but it exists.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PDH

Spicey is being subtle using the Seedy Method.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

% chance this fucking election will drive me insane(as of 6-1-12): 60%
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 01, 2012, 11:37:09 AM

Turn off the TV and focus on your knitting.

PDH

It is perpetual "day before the election" doom that we face.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

$20 bucks on the under.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on June 01, 2012, 12:11:43 PM

With all the GOP voter registration games a lot of battleground states are playing, I think the "day after the election" doom will be even more painful.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2012, 09:35:16 AM
Oh, bullshit.  Every company, once it figures out it can reduce its workforce and still see productivity, doesn't expand unless absolutely necessary.  Get rid of 15,000 jobs, and still see results? PROFIT!

Why don't more clever CEOs reduce their workforce to zero?

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2012, 01:13:48 PM
Quote from: PDH on June 01, 2012, 12:11:43 PM
With all the GOP voter registration games a lot of battleground states are playing, I think the "day after the election" doom will be even more painful.
Surely the Democrats aren't that dependent on Daley-esque voting the graveyard, are they?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 01, 2012, 01:16:27 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2012, 09:35:16 AM

Why don't more clever CEOs reduce their workforce to zero?

They try to get as close to it as possible, now don't they?