News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

May 9th Prediction: Obama or Romney?

Started by Jacob, May 09, 2012, 01:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you predict will win the 2012 US Presidential Election?

Obama will get re-elected
55 (83.3%)
Romney will be president
11 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 66

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on May 25, 2012, 08:29:35 AM
But then you are hardly a fair analyst of Democratic politics.

Hans is perfectly balanced - you just have to realize his fulcrum is far to the right.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Quote from: PDH on May 25, 2012, 08:32:46 AM
Hans is perfectly balanced - you just have to realize his fulcrum is far to the right.

That's the definition of unbalanced.

PDH

not if he has more weight to the right...damn you Yi making me explain my lame jokes.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Razgovory

Quote from: Hansmeister on May 25, 2012, 04:21:53 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on May 20, 2012, 11:21:20 PM
He could be losing it though.  From this distance he's running a dreadful, dreadful campaign which shows why he should never listen to American liberals or the Democrats.

I still think the centre-right politician with most chance of defeating Obama is Merkel.  If Europe implodes then surely he's gone.

Where is Merkel's birth certificate?  :hmm:

Obama has been running a dreadful campaign.  The only thing that is saving him so far is that most people haven't started paying attention yet.  obama's team had started believing their own hype that they can't possibly lose and have half-assed their campaign to date.

Of course it doesn't help when you can't offer any serious rationale why you deserve to get reelected, or what you will do if you get reelested.

Well the fact that he hasn't really been running a campaign yet might have something to do with it.  Hell, he didn't know who he was going to run against until recently.  I suspect it'll kick into gear in the summer.  I suppose he can use the Bush rationale for why he deserves to be elected "He kept us safe".  Maybe he can just buy that old Bush commercial with the wolves.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Well if he truly is running a dreadful campaign it could be down deep he just doesn't want another four years.

And it is clear from Romney's campaign that Romney wants to avoid the job at all costs. Gonna be interesting to see which guy fails to stick the other with the job.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

At least they cannot claim Obama is Osama Bin Laden's man like those bumper stickers during the 2004 election.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on May 25, 2012, 08:59:50 AM
Well if he truly is running a dreadful campaign it could be down deep he just doesn't want another four years.

And it is clear from Romney's campaign that Romney wants to avoid the job at all costs. Gonna be interesting to see which guy fails to stick the other with the job.

Concession speech: :nelson: sucker!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Sheilbh

But then you are hardly a fair analyst of Democratic politics.
Neither am I to be fair.  I hate American liberals.  But I also think Obama's running a dreadful campaign so far, which is a shame because I like Obama.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 25, 2012, 09:14:10 AM
I hate American liberals.

They are a thoroughly smug and repulsive group of people.

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

But I also think Obama's running a dreadful campaign so far,

I don't see how.

Admiral Yi

Obama is running a largely negative campaign so far, with a little pork thrown in for garnish.  That's exactly what I would do if I were Obama.

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on May 25, 2012, 09:17:36 AM

:huh:  Considering their inherent superiority to conservatives on every trait that counts, I'd say they have been the model of modesty.

Jacob

Quote from: DGuller on May 25, 2012, 10:04:30 AM:huh:  Considering their inherent superiority to conservatives on every trait that counts, I'd say they have been the model of modesty.

Well, when you put it like that...

citizen k

Quote from: DGuller on May 25, 2012, 10:04:30 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 25, 2012, 09:17:36 AM

:huh:  Considering their inherent superiority to conservatives on every trait that counts, I'd say they have been the model of modesty.

The Central Democrat Party Directorate requires you to raise your pom-poms higher, DGuller.