News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

May 9th Prediction: Obama or Romney?

Started by Jacob, May 09, 2012, 01:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you predict will win the 2012 US Presidential Election?

Obama will get re-elected
55 (83.3%)
Romney will be president
11 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Razgovory

He doesn't have the guts to make a bet.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Neither do you, but I don't bring that fact up with random posters.

Habbaku

Quote from: Razgovory on May 12, 2012, 02:37:33 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on May 12, 2012, 01:52:22 PM
Quote from: Strix on May 12, 2012, 02:09:48 AM
Obama will win, it's a done deal. The Democrats will make great gains in both the Senate and Congress.

I'm curious, what do you think Congress consists of?

Congressmen.

Strix as your other personality makes a lot of sense.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 12, 2012, 06:48:24 PM

Does Raz even have the means to make a bet?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 12, 2012, 06:48:24 PM

You already lost a bet with me!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zoupa

Quote from: Hansmeister on May 12, 2012, 07:48:51 AM
So I end up working about 14 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Sucky hours, but its not like there is much else to do.

You're either lying or your life sucks.

Or both?

The Brain

Quote from: Zoupa on May 13, 2012, 12:47:26 AM

Or both?

:unsure:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Habbaku on May 12, 2012, 01:52:22 PM
Obama will win, it's a done deal. The Democrats will make great gains in both the Senate and Congress.

I'm curious, what do you think Congress consists of?

Senate and Congress.  It's like a fractal!
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on May 12, 2012, 04:46:25 AM
Whatever happened to Hansmeister's blog?

Alas, blogs for military members are now subject to monitoring and approval.

Not to mention that I'm quite busy most of the time.  I'm currently filling a half-dozen positions, half of which are Field Grade level.  So I end up working about 14 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You should start a union.  :P

11B4V

Or both?

Salary or Hourly?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Zanza on May 13, 2012, 01:11:26 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 12, 2012, 04:46:25 AM
Whatever happened to Hansmeister's blog?

Alas, blogs for military members are now subject to monitoring and approval.

Not to mention that I'm quite busy most of the time.  I'm currently filling a half-dozen positions, half of which are Field Grade level.  So I end up working about 14 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You should start a union.  :P

I think the airfarce has one now.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

The GOP will win the Senate even if Obama wins another landslide. The geography of the election is so against the Dems that it's impossible for them to keep it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 13, 2012, 01:15:56 AM
The GOP will win the Senate even if Obama wins another landslide. The geography of the election is so against the Dems that it's impossible for them to keep it.

Wrong.
Kinemalogue

Tonitrus

Or both?

Last I remember, he was deployed in the sandbox (unless he has come back).  That kind of schedule is normal over there.