News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

May 9th Prediction: Obama or Romney?

Started by Jacob, May 09, 2012, 01:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you predict will win the 2012 US Presidential Election?

Obama will get re-elected
55 (83.3%)
Romney will be president
11 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Jacob

Like the poll says, who do you think will win? And why?

For bonus points, who's going to control each of the Houses?

Zanza

I expect Obama to win.

I guess the Republicans will control the House and maybe the Senate, but (if that's even theoretically possible) not with a filibuster-proff supermajority.

CountDeMoney

I have absolutely no faith in the American political system anymore, or the sheer insipid ignorance of its uneducated electorate.

Romney, 5-4.

derspiess

Polls seem to be trending slightly towards Romney, particularly the ones that focus on likely voters.

However, my gut still tells me that Obama will eke out a win but with the GOP taking the Senate and expanding its House majority.  MOAR GRIDLOCK and a shit-ton of executive orders for the following 4 years.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Obama.  Maybe a close popular vote but a comfortable electoral margin.  GOP loses House seats but maintains a majority.  No significant change in the Senate.

DGuller

Probably Obama, but you never know with American voters.  Critical thinking skills are typically weak even among the non-insane ones.  Economic signs are looking ominous, and Americans don't tolerate presidents who happen to hold the job during a recession.

Sheilbh

At this point Obama.

Eurogeddon would probably destroy that though.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

You people have to be shitting me:  I'm the only one that chose the Romney option???

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 09, 2012, 02:04:52 PM
You people have to be shitting me:  I'm the only one that chose the Romney option???

Your irrational hatred of black people makes you hate black people irrationally.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

QuoteUpdated 3:01 p.m. - President Obama endorsed the right of same-sex couples to marry on Wednesday, a landmark pronouncement made in light of mounting pressure from gay right advocates.

Obama became the first U.S. president to back the right of gay and lesbian couples to marry, a reversal from his own views as stated in the 2008 campaign, when he said he opposed same-sex marriage but favored civil unions as an alternative.

Obama told ABC News that, after reflection, he had "concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married."

I'd like to amend my previous statement.  Ignore the "5-4" part.  It won't get that far now.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on May 09, 2012, 02:05:40 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 09, 2012, 02:04:52 PM

Your irrational hatred of black people makes you hate black people irrationally.

:lol:  Yeah, I'm the bad guy.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 09, 2012, 02:06:34 PM
I'd like to amend my previous statement.  Ignore the "5-4" part.  It won't get that far now.

Remember Romney's national security adviser?  Obama just realized he can pick up the entire Log Cabin vote.
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 09, 2012, 02:09:28 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 09, 2012, 02:06:34 PM

Remember Romney's national security adviser?  Obama just realized he can pick up the entire Log Cabin vote.

But he won't.

DontSayBanana

BTW, I'm going Obama.  People just generally dislike Obama, but Romney's got quite a few weeks to open up his mouth and actively offend even more key groups.  Let him open up his mouth on Catholics, blacks, or latinos, and let's see if the polls still favor him.
Experience bij!