And we're back!

Main Menu

Irish Travellers

Started by jimmy olsen, May 10, 2012, 04:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on May 10, 2012, 09:40:59 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 10, 2012, 09:38:26 AM
Looked at some of the comments on there on the video.  Someone drives on the wrong side of the road, time for a genocide!  Euros never learn.

If only that were their sole offense.  I watched a few of the Gypsy Wedding episodes that my wife was watching.  Dunno how the UK tolerates them as much as they do.

All the chicks in the UK one were fat little ugly cows.

Yes, I watched a few episodes.

I was bored.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 10, 2012, 09:45:32 AM
What did they do the Gypsies do in that show to justify murdering a separate group of people?

Well, in my wife's mind the Irish Travelers' fashion sense was justification enough.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Gups

Quote from: derspiess on May 10, 2012, 09:40:59 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 10, 2012, 09:38:26 AM
Looked at some of the comments on there on the video.  Someone drives on the wrong side of the road, time for a genocide!  Euros never learn.

If only that were their sole offense.  I watched a few of the Gypsy Wedding episodes that my wife was watching.  Dunno how the UK tolerates them as much as they do.

I'm pretty liberal even by UK standards but there's no getting away from the fact that Travellers, almost invariably it seems, are nasty, greedy people.

Richard Hakluyt

There are unpleasant and dysfunctional cultures and sub-cultures out there, tolerance and anti-racism should not preclude recognition of that.

The Brain

I don't like their kind.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grinning_Colossus

You don't see that many adult Gypsies here in Georgia  -- it's mostly just women with their packs of children who wrap themselves around your appendages until you give them food/money. It's incredibly annoying, but it's all they've ever been taught.

The other day I saw a little Gypsy child and his grandmother drinking beers together in the park, and the kid made sure to throw the bottles in the trash afterward. That gave me hope.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall