News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

It was a near-run thing, but HRE finally wins with 5 hits against 4.

EDIT: Whoops, inverted it. I lose 4 mercs, and  Tamas 5 units.  :blush:

Habbaku

/popcorn

It's fun watching two players burn piles of CPs to no effect, I gotta say.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Quote from: Habbaku on June 11, 2012, 07:57:25 PM
/popcorn

Not my fault if Tamas bleeds me even with a 1.5-to-1 dice advantage for me. His dice rolls are rather lucky.

Drakken

Would normally Tamas would lose 4 cavalries and 1 regular?

Habbaku

That is the most logical loss, yes.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Drakken on June 11, 2012, 07:59:08 PM
Not my fault if Tamas bleeds me even with a 1.5-to-1 dice advantage for me. His dice rolls are rather lucky.

No, but there are cheaper ways to gain VPs.  That you burned your home card to press the attack yet again is just good thrown after bad.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Tamas needs to retreat in some fashion from Belgrade.  He can leave up to 4 units + a leader in the city to hold it, but someone's gotta go.

On top of that, per Drakken's posting on ACTS, one of those regulars was left in Szigetvar--his leaders only allow him to bring along 14 troops maximum.  He did roll the correct number of dice, at least.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Quote from: Habbaku on June 11, 2012, 08:10:28 PM
Tamas needs to retreat in some fashion from Belgrade.  He can leave up to 4 units + a leader in the city to hold it, but someone's gotta go.

On top of that, per Drakken's posting on ACTS, one of those regulars was left in Szigetvar--his leaders only allow him to bring along 14 troops maximum.  He did roll the correct number of dice, at least.

I knew that the max number of units was the total rating of the two leaders. :rolleyes:

Fixed.

Habbaku

Tamas, is it worth a card from you next turn for me to nuke Drakken's mercenaries via play of German Recruitment Curtailed?  He'd be down to 6 regulars + his leaders in the space--IE, highly unlikely to take the city.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on June 11, 2012, 07:57:25 PM
/popcorn

:cheers:

Can I go now?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote#20: 5 / Eloquent Ambassador

Message from Protestants:
1-2/5 Piracy in North Atlantic

Le Clerc was damaged by Portuguese forces. Rolls one die for being damaged and then 1 for his piracy rating.

Hit scored, Berk to decide on reward.

3/5 - Weakened Le Clerc limps off to Atlantic and drops of colony in Montreal.

4-5/5 Patronize Brueghel hoping for a masterpiece
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

garbon can have a Portuguese treasure.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on June 11, 2012, 08:21:57 PM
Tamas, is it worth a card from you next turn for me to nuke Drakken's mercenaries via play of German Recruitment Curtailed?  He'd be down to 6 regulars + his leaders in the space--IE, highly unlikely to take the city.

what I can give you is a card draw the turn after the next one.

Habbaku

Good luck, then.

You're up, by the way...

-J. R. R. Tolkien