News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile open beta this weekend

Started by Arvoreen, May 09, 2012, 10:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arvoreen

LaCroix

i admit my mistake in criticizing the game before i saw it. it's truly fantastic. the enormous amount of players who say it is what diablo 3 should have been is rather overwhelming

i hear there's an option the devs will be introducing at some point called "cut-throat" league, where you can jump into another person's game (dark souls style) and kill them. combined with hardcore, that will be immensely fun

as it stands, very addictive and innovative game

Syt

I like from the previews the completely open and hyper-detailed skill map where you can create the build you like. Some of the preview builds they featured on YouTube were rather unique.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

LaCroix

Quote from: Syt on February 07, 2013, 09:05:51 AM
I like from the previews the completely open and hyper-detailed skill map where you can create the build you like. Some of the preview builds they featured on YouTube were rather unique.

it's not really a "skill map" (but maybe you know this and i'm being uber literal, sorry if that's the case). it's more a passive map. every "node" you select either gives you + to a certain attribute (strength/intelligence/dexterity), or it gives you passives toward a certain feature. there are major "nodes" that can completely change your character, such as a node that.. once reached.. means you hit every monster you target but lose all critical hits. the key to crafting a decent build, i've read, is ensuring you use as few +10 dex/intel/str nodes as possible.. and hit more the +% critical chance, %total life, %damage with bows, or the real major nodes.

the skills are actually gems you (mostly) find as loot, but you can also gather many as quest rewards. some gem-skills are "support gems," such as... Pierce. if you place a Pierce support-gem with a "shoot a lot of arrows" skill-gem into a piece of equipment that has linked sockets, then every time you use mana to fire lots of arrows, then there's a 50% chance they will pierce the enemy - just an example of one of many combinations between support/skill gems

there's so many options for character customization.. it's insane. classes themselves aren't very important - it's just where you start on the passive tree. so, with a standard melee character.. you could theoretically cast lightning spells and summon zombies.. while wielding a wand. it's all up to the player on what sort of character they want to create

Alcibiades

Been playing this for a few weeks.  Pretty enjoyable.  More fun if you play with a friend, too.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain