News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Zombie 5k race

Started by jimmy olsen, May 06, 2012, 07:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

My sister just did a 5k race complete with crazy obstacle course and chasing zombies.

http://runforyourlives.com/locations/boston-massachusetts/

Anyone here ever done this?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Sigh. Something is seriously fucked up with the Ortiz genepool.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

whats with the zombie mania in america these days?
Its bizzare. I read about this being predicted ages ago and then it came...it feels so manufactured.
██████
██████
██████

11B4V

Quote from: Tyr on May 07, 2012, 03:00:49 AM
Its bizzare. I read about this being predicted ages ago and then it came...it feels so manufactured.

We have some wacked out mother-fuckers here.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

11B4V

11B4V

Them some saggy tits on the one second from the left.

jimmy olsen

Wouldn't think crossbows would do much against zombies.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: Jaron on May 06, 2012, 08:12:09 PM
Sigh. Something is seriously fucked up with the Ortiz genepool.

No kidding.  :lol:

jimmy olsen

She got caught by the last zombie right before she crossed the finish line.  :cry:

1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 07, 2012, 03:15:27 AM
Wouldn't think crossbows would do much against zombies.

You dont watch the Walking Dead....? :angry:

grumbler

Is there a zombie mania in the US these days?

I don't see it, though I admit that I live here and so my imagination isn't as unfettered as yours.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

Quote from: grumbler on May 07, 2012, 06:58:51 AM

I don't see it, though I admit that I live here and so my imagination isn't as unfettered as yours.
Fucking hell :rolleyes:

Lots of stuff like this keeps being reported. Never once did I say people were going mad in the streets on a daily basis saying "we love zombies!!". Nonetheless this definitely seems a big modern geek trend.
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Quote from: grumbler on May 07, 2012, 06:58:51 AM

Yes.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall