Mobtown's signature pet, urbanite's fave accessory, ruled a dangerous breed

Started by CountDeMoney, May 02, 2012, 07:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Because a greater percentage of dickheads tend to own them than other dogs.
With pitbulls I'm just going off what I've read but I've known several rottweilers who were lovely dogs having been raised like a proper pet dog.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on May 03, 2012, 09:52:36 PM
With pitbulls I'm just going off what I've read but I've known several rottweilers who were lovely dogs having been raised like a proper pet dog.

You beat, starve and mistreat a Yorkie enough, it'll be a killer, too.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on May 03, 2012, 09:52:36 PM
Because a greater percentage of dickheads tend to own them than other dogs.

Do you have evidence of the this "dickhead" factor?  Are dickheads making the dogs dangerous or are they buying a breed of dog that is already known for being dangerous?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on May 03, 2012, 10:34:21 PM
Do you have evidence of the this "dickhead" factor?  Are dickheads making the dogs dangerous or are they buying a breed of dog that is already known for being dangerous?

It's a statistical certainty that pits are predominantly owned by your routine urban/rap/prison culture-enamored Dazzling Urbanite(tm), and to a lesser extent their stupider cousin, the Wigger(tm).  Pits are an accoutrement of the drug culture, as much as bling and 22s on a Benz are, yo;  and dog fighting is a popular pasttime in both rap culture and The Country Nigger(tm) southern culture.

What would be interesting is to see a statistical analysis of incidents of pit bulls owned by, say, someone of the socio-economic status of the Romneys.

katmai

Well if we are getting rid of Pits and Rottweilers , lets get rid of the rest of top 10 breeds, The German Shepards, Chow Chows, Huskys, Alaskan Malamutes, Dalmatians, Boxers and Dobermans while were at it. :rolleyes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on May 03, 2012, 10:46:14 PM
Well if we are getting rid of Pits and Rottweilers , lets get rid of the rest of top 10 breeds, The German Shepards, Chow Chows, Huskys, Alaskan Malamutes, Dalmatians, Boxers and Dobermans while were at it. :rolleyes:

Actually, I read a study not so long ago that the highest incident of home attacks involving dogs and children have occurred with Dalmatians, by a substantial margin.  Gotta look for it again.

Dobermans are such gorgeous dogs.  So intelligent.

katmai

All those breeds are great if trained and treated right.
Some of the most lovable and sweet dogs i've know were Pit/Pit Mixs along with Rottweilers.

Do they have highest rates of bites and deaths, sure but like Seedy says, look at who is buying them and breeding them.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on May 03, 2012, 10:50:10 PM
All those breeds are great if trained and treated right.

This is my buddy's shepard, Hogan.  I mean, really now: is this the face of a killer?

Tonitrus

Josquius

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 03, 2012, 10:47:55 PM

Actually, I read a study not so long ago that the highest incident of home attacks involving dogs and children have occurred with Dalmatians, by a substantial margin.  Gotta look for it again.

Dobermans are such gorgeous dogs.  So intelligent.

I've heard that before. Something to do with their being so inbred there's a higher amount of insanity than normal in them. Happens to some degree with a lot of pedigrees.

And yeah, dobermans rule. A friend of mine had one and a little terrier; the small dog bossed it about all the time. :lol:

The kind of dog I've known to be generally of bad temperment is poodles. Again though could be the owner factor- poodle owners not being too interested in having a dog but instead wanting this pretty little thing.

QuoteThis is my buddy's shepard, Hogan.  I mean, really now: is this the face of a killer?
Those are Himmler-glasses....
██████
██████
██████

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 03, 2012, 10:47:55 PM

That's because their the Corky of the dog world. Dumb as a shoebox full shit. It's fitting that the crime scene annihilators identify with that breed.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

The ridgeback/lab I have is very territorial/protective and sneaky. He's had two free bites when he was younger. But a very lovable dog.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

I used to be in the "it's all how you raise them" camp but now I see very little redeeming value in pit bulls.  Haven't made my mind up on Rottweilers & all Dobermans I've been around have been good dogs. 

German Shepherds are my favorite, though.  My granddad had 3 of them & each was a great dog.  If I had a bigger house I'd get one.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 03, 2012, 08:03:54 PM
The obvious solution is to replace pit bulls with chihuahuas in urban pet-owning fashion.

"I will give thee a dog which I got in Ireland. He is huge of limb, and for a follower equal to an able man. Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemies but never at thy friends. And he will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed to thee. And he will lay down his life for thee."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on May 03, 2012, 11:38:33 PM
I used to be in the "it's all how you raise them" camp but now I see very little redeeming value in pit bulls.  Haven't made my mind up on Rottweilers & all Dobermans I've been around have been good dogs. 

German Shepherds are my favorite, though.  My granddad had 3 of them & each was a great dog.  If I had a bigger house I'd get one.

What made you change your mind on the pit bulls?