going to Munich for Easter? info needed, please

Started by Pedrito, March 24, 2012, 04:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

Munich is really a nice city. Except for the Muncheners. Go figure the other germans...

Beer is really excellent, in every different place I've drunk it.

Museums were closed on May 1st,   :glare:  but we managed to go to:

Deutsches Museum, fantastic place filled of everything science related. Too big to do in one day, but we did a couple floors; there's a real and functioning scale model of a brick factory, at the end of the cycle you can buy a freshly made minibrick stamped with the museum symbol  :lol:. There are innumerable areas where people can interact with the exposition, and the kids were crazy about it.
The Antikensammlungen (antiquities collections) and the Glyptothek, the kids were not that crazy about them  :P but we adults loved them.
The Munich Zoo, everyone loved it, except for the animals.

We've been extremely lucky with the weather, three days of wonderful sun and perfect climate; the only overcast day we were inside the science Museum.

More in some hours

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Richard Hakluyt

"Munich is really a nice city. Except for the Muncheners."  :hmm:

I have also found Bavaria to be far less welcoming than other parts of Germany. I wonder if it just bad luck or characteristic?

Tamas

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 02, 2012, 06:49:20 AM
"Munich is really a nice city. Except for the Muncheners."  :hmm:

I have also found Bavaria to be far less welcoming than other parts of Germany. I wonder if it just bad luck or characteristic?

A couple of my colleagues there are non-bavarian Germans and they told me that they had an awful time getting accepted, especially the one who initially moved to a village/small town near the city and commuted from there. He was always an outsider on the account of not being Bavarian