News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Burn in hell, John Edwards

Started by Phillip V, May 05, 2009, 11:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

The more I hear about this guy's disgusting affair and still running for President with his wife sick with cancer, the more I get disgusted.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0509/22127.html

Caliga

Actually, this is one "burn in hell" that isn't a joke. :yes:  :mad:

That guy is a disgusting sleazeball.

He'd make a great President. :thumbsup:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

For once, the Democrats chose the second-sleaziest candidate.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Well, I always felt that he was just TOO phony to ever be elected.  Even for a politician, he's over the top.  He just oozes that "used car salesman" vibe.

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on May 06, 2009, 01:26:27 PM
Well, I always felt that he was just TOO phony to ever be elected.  Even for a politician, he's over the top.  He just oozes that "used car salesman" vibe.
Same way I felt about him. I couldn't understand how he ever got so far in the campaigns; why people didn't just see through the slick attitude, phonyness of him and trial lawyer sleeze. At least that was my opinion; obviously many other voters felt otherwise. He was Kerry's VP candidate, right?

jimmy olsen

Edwards is scum, even Fate would have a hard time defending him with a straight face.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on May 06, 2009, 01:26:27 PM

I thought that would be a good thing for you.  After all a used car salesman is a businessman.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 06, 2009, 04:03:35 PM
Edwards is scum, even Fate would have a hard time defending him with a straight face.

:lol:

That's the beauty of the internet. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Strix

Edwards is a fine upstanding gentlemen. He is a credit and a role model to personal injury lawyers everywhere. It's not his fault that people expected too much of an ambulance chaser.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Fate

Well thank you, Timmah.  :rolleyes:

IMO cancerwife is just as bad. Now she's riding the Oprah train with a ghostwritten autobiography soon to follow.

CountDeMoney

Well, if that kind of behavior was good enough for Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich and Johnny Hero, it should be good enough for Edwards.

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on May 06, 2009, 04:04:46 PMI thought that would be a good thing for you.  After all a used car salesman is a businessman.

The issue is that he reminds one of a used car salesman, not that he is (or is not) one.  :huh:

In any case, I have less of a problem with someone being a bit shady than blatantly coming across that way.  The most effective sort of salesman is one who doesn't 'seem the type'.  I think that's why Madoff got away with his scheme for so long... people had the feeling that he was a 'different' sort of financial advisor... and in fact he was, just not in the way they had suspected.  :cool:

Strix

Quote from: Caliga on May 06, 2009, 06:59:38 PM
The issue is that he reminds one of a used car salesman, not that he is (or is not) one.  :huh:

In any case, I have less of a problem with someone being a bit shady than blatantly coming across that way.  The most effective sort of salesman is one who doesn't 'seem the type'.  I think that's why Madoff got away with his scheme for so long... people had the feeling that he was a 'different' sort of financial advisor... and in fact he was, just not in the way they had suspected.  :cool:

He is a very good personal injury lawyer from the South. So, he gives you that "snake oil" salesman feel whenever he talks.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Siege

I never liked the guy.

Worst in the Demoncrap party.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Siege on May 06, 2009, 07:28:50 PM
I never liked the guy.

Worst in the Demoncrap party.

I'd say that's unfair, considering that party ran Al Bore as well.
Experience bij!