USA
10 (25%)
IMF
1 (2.5%)
China
0 (0%)
The Saudis/the Sovereign Wealth funds
0 (0%)
George Soros/whatever your conspiracy is.
0 (0%)
Write-in (but excluding the British)
2 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Valmy

A Franco-German Empire with its capital in Aix-la-Chapelle of course.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on April 24, 2012, 08:36:56 AM
It's hard to form a federation when the northern half thinks that they'll forever be responsible for propping up the south.

Worked for us.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on April 24, 2012, 01:09:17 PM
It's hard to form a federation when the northern half thinks that they'll forever be responsible for propping up the south.

Worked for us.

:hmm:

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 24, 2012, 02:31:58 PM
:hmm:

When the war was going on the South was pulling its weight economically.  Cotton was King.  It was only afterwards that is became a suction for Federal funds.

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on April 24, 2012, 01:09:17 PM
Worked for us.
No it didn't.  Your ignorance of your own history is appleing... a-pauling... apolling?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on April 24, 2012, 02:48:06 PM
No it didn't.  Your ignorance of your own history is appleing... a-pauling... apolling?

Yes it did.  We kept electing Democrats who kept sending tons of money south.  Nobody raised too much of a fuss about it.

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on April 24, 2012, 02:50:49 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 24, 2012, 02:48:06 PM
Yes it did.  We kept electing Democrats who kept sending tons of money south.  Nobody raised too much of a fuss about it.
After the fact.  That wasn't the case during the rebellion, and that's what we're talking about here.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on April 24, 2012, 03:06:42 PM
After the fact.  That wasn't the case during the rebellion, and that's what we're talking about here.

But that had nothing to do with the North being resentful about carrying the South economically.  In fact I do not even think that was true at the time.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 24, 2012, 08:44:33 AM

We've done it for over 150 years.

I was thinking the same thing. :lol:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

WTF, how did this turn into a ACW tent exercise ?   :mad:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on April 24, 2012, 03:34:53 PM

The Canadians decided it was because the North was tired of funding the South.

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on April 24, 2012, 03:38:50 PM
Quote from: mongers on April 24, 2012, 03:34:53 PM

The Canadians decided it was because the North was tired of funding the South.

Well we can agree on that; the Canadians need to be blamed for everything.   :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on April 24, 2012, 03:17:04 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 24, 2012, 03:06:42 PM
But that had nothing to do with the North being resentful about carrying the South economically.  In fact I do not even think that was true at the time.
You cannot have my point.