News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

A trip down memory lane

Started by Richard Hakluyt, April 20, 2012, 07:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

...........and that was how I won the respect of the yardies.........

comments from many languishites, when we were all 10 years younger :

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?35481-quot-The-Octagon-quot

Maximus

:lol: I still make octagon jokes from time to time.

No one gets them though. 

Eddie Teach

Quote$vbulletin->userinfo[username], you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Usually this is due to you not having the particular game registered on your forum account. For example to post in or download from the HOI3 Sub forums (AAR ,User made Modification, FAQ, Support ...), or to Start a new thread in the HOI3 discussion forum, you need to have HOI3 registered under your forum account. See this thread for How & Why to register your games' ); ?>
    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    Additionally, If you are a new member that has not registered a game you may be required to wait 5 days before posting (anti spam measure).
    If not, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

If you fear your account might have been disabled without knowing why, you should contact the Forum Administration. Do not re-register under a new name!
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

:lol:  I've never forgotten that post.  Thanks for linking to it; haven't seen it since that thread was active (though I think it has been linked since).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

Is that thread the origin of our " He's putting himself at an immediate disadvantage." meme, because I thought i was a general internet one.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Darth Wagtaros

That thread survived until 2006?
PDH!

KRonn

Hehe, I don't remember that one.  :D

sbr

Quote from: mongers on April 20, 2012, 07:44:22 PM
Is that thread the origin of our " He's putting himself at an immediate disadvantage." meme, because I thought i was a general internet one.

Depends on who you are including in 'our', but I am rather sure anyone associated with Paradox got it from that thread.

Razgovory

Christ, that was a long time ago.  Damn.  I miss some of those guys.  Allenby, Top Cat, Steele...  All gone.  Like tears in the rain. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Monday will be the tenth anniversary.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Darth Wagtaros

Lucidor, Camper... TC, chilli
PDH!

FunkMonk

Probably the most legendary post on the Paradox forums.

Back when I was a lurker.  :P
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Jaron

I didn't even post in that thread. I must have been banned. :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt