News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STAR TREK

Started by Phillip V, May 05, 2009, 09:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Now that sounds interesting. I guess lower decks was smart in having cast that kind of looks like it's characters.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

So Star Trek Prodigy has been canceled and now completely removed from Paramount+ :hmm:

You now can't watch it unless you bought the DVDs or have otherwise acquired it on your hard drive.

That really sucks man.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Aren't they shopping it around? Maybe Netflix or someone will pick it up.  They have all the old shows (pre discovery). At least in Canada.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Season two of SNW feels weaker. Or is that just me?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Barrister

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 26, 2023, 02:37:08 PMSo Star Trek Prodigy has been canceled and now completely removed from Paramount+ :hmm:

You now can't watch it unless you bought the DVDs or have otherwise acquired it on your hard drive.

That really sucks man.

That's weird how tv works sometime.  Season 2 is almost complete - but rather than complete it they'd rather just bin the whole show.

Not that I was a big Prodigy fan.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on June 26, 2023, 05:19:14 PMThat's weird how tv works sometime.  Season 2 is almost complete - but rather than complete it they'd rather just bin the whole show.

Films and games work the same way. If your revenue projections are not encouraging, you're better off saving your marketing budget and opening up your slot for something more promising. Even more so if production is not even finished.

viper37

Quote from: HVC on June 26, 2023, 02:58:27 PMSeason two of SNW feels weaker. Or is that just me?
It's just you.  Reviewers are raving about the two episodes so far.

That being sadi, Ad Astra per Espera felt weak, despite the glowing review.

Spoiler:

It was obvious she was going to be acquitted, they always find a way to work around the rules for major characters (Bashir).
We know that Starfleet is still opposed to genetically enhnanced individuals in the future, as far as DS9 at least.
There was no drama, except maybe trying to find out who gave her up.  It was a surprise to see she gave herself up, but her reasoning didn't make much sense, given what she was risking herself, and the danger she posed to the captain who knew of her real identity.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on June 26, 2023, 05:35:48 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 26, 2023, 05:19:14 PMThat's weird how tv works sometime.  Season 2 is almost complete - but rather than complete it they'd rather just bin the whole show.

Films and games work the same way. If your revenue projections are not encouraging, you're better off saving your marketing budget and opening up your slot for something more promising. Even more so if production is not even finished.
There was a superhero movie cancelled right after it was finished, not so long ago.  Some Supergirl stuff, I think.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: viper37 on June 27, 2023, 02:37:59 PM
Quote from: Jacob on June 26, 2023, 05:35:48 PM

There was a superhero movie cancelled right after it was finished, not so long ago.  Some Supergirl stuff, I think.
batgirl iirc

crazy canuck

I liked both episodes.  I liked the commitment to character development that made Episode 2 possible.  Also loved the fact that the resolution did not involved the captain riding in to save the day.

Josquius

I finished Picard. Don't really get it. I thought things were chill with the Borg now after series 2? - wasn't Alison Pill meant to be queen now?

A lot of loose ends too though clearly intentional to setup a new series.

Series 3....Probably the middle of the 3 Picard series in quality? 2 was better. None were particularly brilliant and rested heavy on nostalgia.
I particularly dislike the fucked up scale. So all of Star Fleet meets in one place for some pointless fleet linking demonstrate? ALL of Star Fleet? They don't have any borders to watch then?
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Josquius on June 28, 2023, 07:11:54 AMI finished Picard. Don't really get it. I thought things were chill with the Borg now after series 2? - wasn't Alison Pill meant to be queen now?
These are other Borgs, apparently.  Some offshoots.

Quote from: Josquius on June 28, 2023, 07:11:54 AMSo all of Star Fleet meets in one place for some pointless fleet linking demonstrate? ALL of Star Fleet? They don't have any borders to watch then?
The Klingons are allies, the Romulans are destroyed, the Cardassians are still rebuilding, the Wormhole is secured by DS9... Yep, no borders.

Still stupid.

Barrister

Yeah narratively Star Trek wasn't thinking ahead very far and have destroyed all their big bad enemies in one way or another.

Must be why more modern shows have jumped into the past (Disco, SNW, Lower Decks) or the far future (Disco again).  Picard is the only one to stick with the "modern" era.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Still have a few like the tholians and the Breen haven't been wiped out like cardasia. They can always make more, it's the joy of fantasy :D

*edit* And lower decks is the TNG/DS9/VOY era.

Josquius

I was thinking less about major powers launching a sneak attack and more various minor powers, unaligned systems, etc... Pirates, smugglers, and other criminality are things.
The orion for instance would love star fleets guard to be dropped.
██████
██████
██████