News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Forbes on Kobe Beef (and Champagne)

Started by Jacob, April 19, 2012, 07:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I wish I could try Kobe beef at some point. But...I just can't bring myself to spend such silly amounts on food.

Wonder why they don't export....

Anyway. We should all clearly have some combined geographic trademarks thingy. A bit mad that such copyrights don't extend beyond borders.

And Tajima-gyu cow. Gah. Gyu means cow, do some simple fact checking mr writer please. Thanks.
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

I've had Kobe beef outside of Japan. The article is wrong.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

HVC

Quote from: alfred russel on April 19, 2012, 07:42:32 PM
didn't the article say no kobe in the usa? they also gave a cut off date (that i can't recall) where the us banned japanese beef imports.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

alfred russel

Quote from: HVC on April 19, 2012, 07:54:20 PM
didn't the article say no kobe in the usa? they also gave a cut off date (that i can't recall) where the us banned japanese beef imports.

Well fuck. At least I've seen the real Kobe Bryant play basketball.

Unless Jacob posts an article about an imposter Kobe suiting up for the Lakers. 
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 19, 2012, 08:00:35 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on April 19, 2012, 07:56:18 PM
What would PETA do?

Whine uselessly.
and use naked models. Well, at least they do things half right. That's more then what greenpeace can say.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Quote from: alfred russel on April 19, 2012, 07:58:10 PM

you saw him from front row seats, didn't you? :P

alfred russel

Quote from: HVC on April 19, 2012, 08:03:04 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 19, 2012, 07:58:10 PM

you saw him from front row seats, didn't you? :P

I suspected something was wrong when I saw him passing to teammates. :(

Monoriu

:yes:

The HK supermarkets sell Kobe beef 365 days a year. 

grumbler

How do you know it was Kobe beef?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

I'd order it 'well-done' and drink diet Dr. Pepper with it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Monoriu

There are many, many different kinds of beef in Japan.  They give unique names to different beef produced in different prefectures.  "Kobe beef" is only one of many such names.  They are all slightly different, but the good kinds all share the common characteristic of Kobe beef - that of extensive marbelling.  There is no need to insist on Kobe beef, just Japanese beef will do. 

It is good.  But personally, I actually prefer US prime.  Japanese beef can be too oily and too soft, and they lack the strong "beef taste" that US prime has. 

A much cheaper alternative to Japanese beef is "Japanese beef grown in Australia".  The marbelling is less, but the price is much more affordable. 

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 19, 2012, 08:32:16 PM
I'd order it 'well-done' and drink diet Dr. Pepper with it.

That's just nasty.  There's no excuse for well-done.
Experience bij!